I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

original:

my remix:

7 Likes

Hey everybody! Here is a new video and new songs from me.
The video contains 4 songs all in all. Music made on Renoise.

7 Likes

Sounds like it should have sounded originally. I only would lower the transient/impact of the kick.

1 Like

Some usual stuff in usual style with a usual song structure, but the mix is a tad different than usual:

No native synthesis and plugins used, that’s what @slujr would probably write at this point. :wink:

8 Likes

suburban railways

4 Likes

It’s ok, buddy. It’s still counts as music, I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Great remix man congrats!!What is the song about?

All tracks are top notch!! :smiley:Enya would be proud to work with you

1 Like

Oh thank you so much!
Heartwarming to hear :heart:

1 Like

@toimp, nicely done! that hits the spot. Nothing else to say other than that it sounds nice & tight Surprisingly the track feels longer to me than it actually is, but not in a bad way! Well done indeed!

@slujr You heading off to do an ambient set soon? Or are you just too busy with other stuff to do full tracks for the weekly beats?

@Cursed Pretty much inevitably by now that I like your tracks. Inevitable is not exception. I love the guitar sound you’ve got and the mood you created. I feel the drums, especially the hihat/crashes aren’t really up to snuff. I think that kind of patter works great when it’s played on an actual drum kit. But with samples it doesn’t sound quite right to me.

Lurius is sweet, too! Such nice colours you use.

@oleg71 This is starting to get there. It definitely has gotten some more punch. Your vocals could benefit from more/better processing. Some more compression and also make things duck the other instruments a bit when they are playing. Effectively bringing them a bit more forward. But I think it has definitely has improved a lot.

@troll Nice sounds, a bit short.

@KnownUn Not really my kind of jam but it does have a nice vibe. And I enjoy your bike ride videos. “your audience must be impressed, or you are wasting your breath”. That should be the general aim, I think.

@jampsu I like the 2nd part, with the beats, better than the first part. I don’t mean to imply that the first half is bad, or anything. Just, well the beat coming in for the next part was a nice surprise. You’ve got some nice, strong sounding production skills. Well Done! The drone footage is neat, btw.

@TNT that’s a nice track. I like your staccato sounds. The bass feels a tad aggressive maybe. Fits the track but I think it could growl a little bit less.

@predawka That’s a surprisingly quiet and introverted track. I like the mood of it. It has a cinematic flavor to it. I could definitely this being used as background music with footage of trains or something. Good stuff!

3 Likes

The TNT we all know and love :smiley:

Thank you so much :heart:
Yeah, the first part is the “dark” side of me… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Oh, such a beautiful song. Well done :+1:

2 Likes

What a relief, man! :alien:

Which bass exactly? There are several. Everything adds up, and in this one I didn’t cut as much lower frequencies as usual to achieve an even fuller sound, especially in terms of the pads. Which means I had to work a little bit different this time. Maybe that’s why you “feel” one bass has a tad too much growl? I don’t “feel” this, but the first “medlodious” synth feels partally a little soft through laptop speakers when everything plays at the same time (especially the delay), and through normal speakers and monitors it has a constant loudness, regardless whether mono or stereo. Sometimes something is strangely inexplicable (for me).

Haha, thank you, Panos! What about you? You didn’t finished your “Oh My Little Girl” track (at least the mix) in the past 8 months, did you? I guess you’re playing with your hardware all the time, similar like @eretsua?

I know it’s possible, but I never expect to hear orchestral tracks like that made in Renoise. Pretty good. I assume you’re using a lot of NI stuff in this one? Btw, my favorite of those songs is the second one starting at 3:44. Nice melodies, could be a movie or videogame score. Nice vocals, too.

1 Like

I won 1 year free piano lessons so i bought a casio keyboard and i am into that for now. Havent made a track since “Oh My Little Girl”,i am tired making music in the pc so i will be exploring other ways using hardware not much though just an mpc and see how that goes

2 Likes

Oh wow, thank you for such a compliment :smiling_face_with_tear::hugs:

Yes, I mainly used Kontakt libraries. Not though from NI.
I also used some free libraries as well. For the vocals, I used two different vocal libraries, one for the “Laa” sound and another for the “Mmm” sound, and layered them together. Then, I played them like an instrument.

Actually, the second song was a last-minute decision. Initially, there was another song in its place, but I didn’t like it as much. So, I started making this track just before finishing all the editing on the video.
And then I had to cut the video for that part again to fit in the new song.

1 Like

Happy hardcore acid? I don’t know, but it’s a quick little jam with the TD-3 and TD-3-MO.

5 Likes

Cool. But don’t forget about Renoise! There’s no way to produce the same kind of stuff with a piano or other “real” instruments.

For me it’s all the same. NI, Kontakt, whatever. Kontakt is the player by NI, right?

Very well done. I cannot imagine how playing vocal samples like an instrument works (except multi samples, which means every single note was recorded individually), but it turns out quite well. It’s like something from the Gladiator OST or of course like this (I love that stuff). One day I should try to create something like that, too. I just need to get proper vocal samples and some classical stuff. And the right mood. And of course patience and motivation. Which gets harder and harder from year to year. :skull:

Just “Happy Hardcore”. :slightly_smiling_face:
I like the first 2 minutes, my feet was tapping while listening. From the third minute on it gets kinda lost imho. It seems you didn’t know where exactly you wanna go, there are “Ambient elements” (in parallel to that ongoing fast beat) and some crooked notes. I think the base is pretty solid, but it didn’t develop consequently. I’m sure you know what I mean. Btw, that yellow thing with that smiley on it looks very familiar. That’s a 200 € 303 clone by Behringer, right? I guess many of those who use hardware got this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the listen & the feedback. For the record, most of the time my note choices are 100% intentional. I like the way they rub against each other. So no crooked notes but intentional dissonances.

I agree with the rest of your assessment though. It is lacking focus. Probably because I’m lacking focus myself.

And yup, that yellow smiley is indeed Behringer’s 303 clone, the TD-3. That’s the basic model though which is only 129 euro. The Modded Out version is 229 these days. That’s the one to go for, if you’re in the market for one. I guess Behringer listened to Fatboy Slim when he said: “everyone needs a 303” and decided to make that possible. :slight_smile:

About your growling bass, the one that does a low C around 2:38 in Radiojet.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t use any other NI’s stuff besides Kontakt. And I must say that I’m not a huge fan of its interface. It’s sucks. But there are so many amazingly good libraries and a lot of free ones too. And quality wise they are the best IMO.
One thing that makes Kontakt so good, is that you can add two samples for the same key. Let’s say when sampling a piano, you can put a low-velocity sample and a full-velocity sample to the same key and then blend them together. When playing it on a keyboard with velocity, it sounds and behaves like a real deal. I’ve done some Kontakt instruments by myself. But, it’s not an easy task to do. I sure understand why those libraries a often quite expensive.

And this is free too: https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbc-symphony-orchestra-discover
And It’s not a Kontakt instrument btw. It’s an individual vst.
That cello sound at the beginning of the song: Joiku is from there.
It’s playing all the time in the song but at the beginning and the end, it’s the only instrument that is playing.

Oh, and yes those vocals are multisamples. But there’s usually really only one usable octave to play. You can play them off-course from lower or/and higher, but they won’t sound quite natural necessarily. Sometimes they work and sometimes not.

I also have periods when I can’t get anything done. No matter how hard I try and then it’s just best to give up for a while. Sometimes I don’t make any music for about six months or so. Then some frenzy strikes again and I had to make music every day for many months like a crazy…

What has helped me the most is that I have started making music of other genres, which I have not done before. New instruments and new things to learn. This opens a whole new world of music-making. The first feeling is that I don’t know what the hell I’m doing and how things are meant to be done. But that desire to learn has brought new enthusiasm, at least to me. In a way, it makes you remember what it felt like when you started making music back in the day. You can get those same feelings again sometimes.

1 Like