I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Let me share something again. Did this track two months ago (and still like). Definitely has some Nine Inch Nails influences going on. If you have any feedback let me know.

https://soundcloud.com/electronic-tiger//sore-v01a

2 Likes

Pretty cool and NIN fits. Some high frequencies at 2:20 are maybe too present. I listen with Koss Porta Pro and these are quite dumb. Even with these cans it hurts a bit my ears.

1 Like

Nice compact low end and the mix general is pretty good. Very cheesy track :blush:

Thank you for listening and the comment. Much appreciated. I think youā€™re right about those frequencies being too present. Iā€™m gonna see if I can make it less painful but still keep its abrasiveness.

You have great talent my friend. What a track this is!!!Tension, great atmosphere, evolving and always something interesting to keep you listening.

2 Likes

Thank you so much stoiximan! High praise coming from you. I am a firm believer in that tracks need to go places. And show you something new. So I try to keep things interesting. Thank you for noticing. :grin:

1 Like

Something differentā€¦ Made with just vocal recordings trough that phone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, that has a nice blunt force, aggressive vibe to it. Very old school. Lovely. I love it when people create new instruments / sounds out of every day recordings, like a voice.

I am curious to how you used the phone. Did you hook it up to a landline and rang it up? And if not, I assume that if your provide it electricity it just works. But how do you capture the output?

Nah, its basically just a microphone now. Im planning to do another project with it where you can dial for effects and stuff. Till then its just a nice toy to have standing around so i can record people talking bullshit. (-:

Ah, that sounds like a cool plan indeed. Look forward to hearing the result.

Yep, why not indeed :slight_smile:

I often think that when people post tunes/sounds on forums is: (if you do get a reply) do you actually get a truly honest opinion from the listener?

I often ponder that myself. As a general rule I only comment on tunes that I like. Or that are asking for feedback. So I can give my honest opinion. Cause Iā€™m not here to burn anyone down.

Personally I really appreciate it when people point out flaws, weakness or things they donā€™t like in my work. Sometimes that hurts. But it also gives me an opportunity to learn and improve. As long as it is done constructively I am truly fine with it. But not every one can deal with that. And they take feedback personally. So I always try to be careful when giving feedback to strangers on the internet.

TL:DR: If I canā€™t be honest, Iā€™m generally not saying anything.

2 Likes

Finally made something Iā€™m happy with :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I like it. It has character and you did well in the mixing stage so i am happy too :smiley: :smiley:

It can be difficult to gauge on a forum if someone is actually sincere in their comment(s). I can say that I like every single piece in this threadā€¦but I havenā€™t listened to most pieces and secondly there is one piece that I have listened (and truth be told)ā€¦I genuinely donā€™t like. However as far as what can be seen from this thread, most people say they like it. It is difficult to give people a negative criticism. Anyway, better leave it or get told off for going ā€˜off topicā€™ā€¦

2 Likes

I think there aint nothing wrong with some good feedback :slight_smile:
I actually appreciate that way more then the ā€œi like it commentsā€

2 Likes

Renoise and Reaper

1 Like

1 Like

All those elements came together so good, that detuned arp/lead was brilliant

Hehe, well maybe I should finish the song first.

1 Like