I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

I’ll throw my latest track in. Had some fun with the glitch2 plugin.

1 Like

Put some el-p and aesop rock over this one, since i think it reallly needs vocals (-:

2 Likes

So i guess I’m trying to create more of a big beat style track with this one, to give a little more context, this is the third song to an album that I’m currently working on. The track uses breakbeats, a 303 emulation, and some vocal and tv commercials that I’ve cut for this demo.

I think this track may have too much energy in the low to low-mid range, and some other issues, but I’ll just try to get the track finished before i really dive too much into that. The main thing i wonder about is if what i got here is really interesting enough for the listener.

Here’s the XRNI if you want to either create something from what I’m doing, take instruments or samples, and etc. Although i should say that there’s 2 VST instruments that I’m using, so you may not hear some things.

I’m using a free 303 emulator called “Muon Tau” Download demo software

And IK Multimedia’s Modo Bass

I think that’s all i have to say, any feedback, on mixing, composition, or something else, feel free to send my way. I hope you enjoy what’s here.

2 Likes

Found old version of a song, and mixed it a bit. Not even sure if I alrady posted this :grin:

Hope you like it.

5 Likes

Nice! I’m time-travelin’ and loving it! Like, I listen to this in real life.

1 Like

dope beat, bruh. :facepunch: doesn’t hurt to have a couple of greats rhyming on top!
I imagine you’re showcasing the beat, but the vocals could be mixed louder, imo. think it would make the whole thing sound even better. great track

1 Like

I think it’s a good start. Yes, there are issues with the energy distribution in the mix, but you’re aware of that and can fix it.

The main thing i wonder about is if what i got here is really interesting enough for the listener.

^regarding this, the acid line could use some work, imo. If you want to run with a simple line like that, the sound design really has to carry it. Alternately, adding some complexity to the composition of the line would create more interest for the listener. I would try experimenting with some different notes and rhythms in there. get a little chaotic with it even. Maybe try a few versions and see what feels best/most engaging.

I think it’s a promising track. I’d keep working on it.

1 Like

Yo thanks! (-:
Yeah, i kinda agree. not sure about louder tho, but i put on those vocals quick last night, while almost falling asleep… i think they are a bit off anyway hehe…
And i guess i just wanted to hear it filled up with some vocals

That was a very interesting track and for some odd reason it made me laugh i dont know why.Glitch heaven

1 Like

Huge beat man love it!!!Just mix the vocals better and it will be a banger

1 Like

I agree with zensphereslujr this track has potential stick with it

1 Like

Yes! :+1:
This is inspiring, I need more like this. Currently I’m not very creative. I almost finished one song within weeks, not only because there’s not much time, also because I’m too tired and I’m not in the mood. Simple Synthwave songs like this bring back some inspiration. Are there any more finished or almost finished things from you? You need to release everything you’ve done, it’s worth it.

First of all, you improved your sound, that’s a good one. It still is muddy and can be improved mixing wise, but no problem at all. I guess you’re using samples. To keep it interesting for the listener there has to be some variations. Not only in terms of song structure, also in terms of “melody” or “effects”. What zensphere wrote, but I won’t overdo it. Do it slightly.

@assink:
Good beats, very nostagic! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

100 times this. it’s so easy to spam copy and paste in a daw once you get a loop/beat/melody you like, but a good balance between variety and repetition is what makes music shine. little extra elements that only occur once or twice, adding some randomization/humanization to timing and velocity and timbre… all these things help the music breathe and feel more alive to the listener - especially when the overall musical structure is fairly straightforward/known to the listener

1 Like

Made for idm forum beat battle, samples were from last winner, theme was a soundtrack, made half a year ago.

3 Likes

YAASSS :dizzy_face:

where is this idm forum and the beat battles of which you speak?

1 Like

muito obrigado!

Very hot forum tips indeed lol, thanks for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

new tune up. first real stab at riddim dubstep. all synths/sound design & composition is native/stock renoise

2 Likes

really cool !

1 Like