I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Definitely not goofie.I pretty much enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thats a winner.Clean an easy listening every time your tracks shine

1 Like

cool track! Nice synths. What are you using for them?
I feel like the percussion timbres could be beefier and it would lend more weight to the track. the kick feels a little clicky/hollow to me, same with the snareā€¦ I feel like the snare should be chunky and massive in this one. That cymbal also feels a little static. But the synths really do sound great and are doing interesting things!
maybe itā€™s just a goof, but Iā€™d rework the percussion a little if it were me, then this thing would really bang :yeah:

Iā€™m sure it would be fun to incorporate some vocals here, but I generally make these type of tracks aiming to sell them to ppl who want to rhyme on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

new collab out today

1 Like

Thanks guys!
I was a bit surprised when monitored the track on a different system, the drums indeed sounds weird. Iā€™ll fix.

The synths are made with a little known synth called Renoise. :stuck_out_tongue:
I made it out of a pwm hack using two square waves, one inverted and pitched slightly off. Some distortion, chorus and a bandpass filter. I also used plugins like OTT and Melda Saturator to squeeze out some extra juice.

Hereā€™s a version of the instrument:
Neuro 0.1.xrni (10.9 KB)
Itā€™s not really finished, but it works allright and is good as a basis for tweaking with different fx or samples.

4 Likes

nicely done, mate. always good to see some native synthesis!! sounds good to me.

will check out your patch :+1:

1 Like

Edit:Post deleted as it no longer made sense

2 Likes

I am not the master of mix, but would judge that the old mix was more coherent, but because it lacked of middle bass overall. In the new mix the bass seems to sound more like a bass, but indeed is too loud, just like you wrote. Why so afraid to make it quieter? The kick lacks of some fundamental bass ā€œspikeā€.

Or add a bit eq curve post-compression onto the bass like this:
grafik

If the bass is layered, why not lower the volume of the top layer only? The low layer seems to be alright.

1 Like

Hi everyone, hope youā€™re all well. Iā€™ve been making music with Renoise for a number of years. I got right into it during an epic lockdown last year here in Melbourne and I now want to toss it some of it out here and see what you all think.

Below is the link to my latest track. I use Synth1 inside Renoise for all my synths other than drum sounds.

1 Like

Cute little track and you can embed the sound cloud player in the post just paste the link as shown here

soundcloud share

1 Like

drums do sound a bit better, imo, but the mix could use some work, as you are aware :slight_smile:
Do you (or anyone here, for that matter) ever mix against pink noise? It can be really useful for a generating a rough draft of the mixā€¦ I keep a dedicated pink noise track in my setup that I will use to solo each instrument/element against when I am working on gain staging or mixing. The idea being that music (in general) follows the frequency distribution of pink noise, so if you adjust each element against it (so that you can barely hear the soloed sound peeking through the pink noise) the mixed balance of sonic elements will roughly have the ā€œidealā€ frequency distribution. Itā€™s not a perfect method by any stretch, but can fairly easily get one in the ballpark towards a decent sounding mix. FWIW/YMMV

2 Likes

I did a few adjustments, i havenā€™t mastered it and there is a bit of headroom left, but i have no free masters left this month, so i just wait untill next month.

I have been using pink noise sometimes, i keep forgetting it even though i have a dedicated pink noise instrument in my ā€˜go toā€™ instrument folder called -0- Pink Noise so it always shows up first in the list. it has helped sometimes, but sometimes i feel it has been a lot of work for nothing.

4 Likes

best sounding version yet! :+1:

1 Like

Another little silly thing i did (-:

4 Likes

Cool, I think Iā€™ve heard about it years ago but forgot about it, thanks for the reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:
Iā€™m convinced of the mono method. If you mix your song in mono itā€™s way easier to adjust the volume and else for all instruments to get a pretty good overall balance.

2 Likes

Yes! Mono definitely helps, especially if you are going to perform/have your music played on big systems

new work in progress, all sounds made from sine waves as a starting point using only renoise native dsp:

4 Likes

:loudspeaker: Today is release day of my new album ā€˜FUTURE BEGINSā€™. Itā€™s darksynth/synthwave music but actually I donā€™t how to describe it so if you know the genre do tell :joy:

All 12 songs was composed, mixed and mastered in Renoise though about half of them were mastered in Cakewalk as I couldnā€™t do it in Renoise due to CPU torture.

Any criticism is very appreciated and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Shockbroker

Listen to the music:

4 Likes

When i was younger i labeled music,that is pop that one is hip hop e.c.t.Nowdays its only music i dont really care about genres.Man you have some nice tracks in this album but that **Future Begins blew my socks of!!!**Respect to you my friend.

1 Like

Thanks Stoix :guitar:
Yeah it was easier a few decades ago

1 Like