I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Nice ! I’m curious, what did you use “inst midi control” for ?

Hello again friends! Long time no see.

A short burst of aggression. Scraping and scratching, with a nod to Nine Inch Nails.

Feedback is always welcome.

2 Likes

I’m starting some jungle track in renoise.

7 Likes

It is a good start. If you’re open for a bit of feedback read on.

I feel it is a bit light. Which is fine for the first 45seconds or so. But then I feel more needs to start happening than just that bass knock. Maybe get to sound a little bit fuller. Go in a different direction. Right now it just meanders a little bit. I realize this just a start of a tune. So you may very well have plans for that. Anyway, those are just my thoughts on your tune. Do with them what you will.

It was used for note sliding and vibrato effects via pitchbend control.
I’m looking for an easy method for note sliding with VSTs from a specific note to another, and Instr. MIDI control seems to be the one. It seems to be more convenient than MIDI Commands, but both can do the same job. But I still have to find out what’s the best way. What I’m looking for is the same like the former 05xx what currently was changed into Gxx within the pattern effect commands, but as you know pattern effect commands only work if you use samples, it won’t work with VSTs.

The track will be deleted and reuploaded on SC soon, because a little mistake crept in.
There will also be a video I’m curious about. And I will post some more music later on. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well that is why we make music to express our feelings and i can feel the aggression in your track.Its not an easy task to put down in music notes how we feel but you accomplished that in this track

1 Like

Well that was fun!!!Its too short at this point but its going on very nice .Please post the full track when you finish it

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback ! You are right, I Plan to add more effects, “Filter raise”, percussion etc, to keep it interesting. For the style I am aiming for a more “chilled” mood

2 Likes

Thanks! The composition itself is a mixture of Garf and me. I did the main part, Garf did all the sequences and added some great stuff to my part.

Here’s another track I made in parallel to the collab:

Elektro all the way! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This interests me too maybe you could give us a tip or two on how you use it

I will as soon as I know myself. I know how to, but I have to find out what EXACTLY is going on with all the parameters while using it, so first I have to use it myself. But I’m sure Garf can tell you right away, he’s the experienced master of disaster at this point. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, it can be hard to express oneself. So it is always a good thing when your intentions come across. :smile:

You’re welcome! Good!! Like stoiximan said, be sure to post the finished track.

Nifty track. I like the baseline and sound. It gives the tune a nice sense of momentum. I’m not the biggest of fan of the oh-wo-wo sounds that floats on top. But generally speaking I dig the sound design of this track. Well done!

If you’re open for a bit feedback, read on.

Maybe I am biased here but I feel that oh-wo-wo sound goes on for too long. It has made its point. And after the break it comes back again. I think your tune would be better off with something new. Or the same instrument playing something new… And if I’m brutally honest, I feel the tune is about 90 to 120 seconds too long. I’m not saying chop off the end. But rather shorten the different sections. Some parts just meander a bit. Repeating what already has been said without adding thing new. To me the track loses momentum and starts to bore me. Which is a pity. Cause I do like it otherwise. Anyway, these are just my thoughts on your track. I hope they are of some use to you but do with it what you will.

1 Like

The Aphex Twin influence is strong in this one. Feedback is always welcome.

2 Likes

cool track. good start, for sure. even tho it’s a chilled/liquid dnb tune, I still wanna get hit w some filthy reese :metal:

1 Like

nice track! feel like the mix could use a little adjusting. the break should be more forward in the mix, imo, more compressed/saturated/shaped. maybe sidechain kick/snare to the main synth bus so they cut thru more. I like the various melodic aspects of the composition. I feel like the main line could use more timbral/textural variation, or switch up the voice more frequently throughout. dig the rhythmic variation and the drum programming! almost some braindance vibez going on here!:+1:

1 Like

I agree, thanks for the collab it was great fun, interesting what’s possible with just Sylenth1.

It’s quite straight forward really, just insert the “Instr. MIDI Control” device on a track, make sure the correct instrument is selected and if you want to automate the Pitchbend be sure to click the ON button and then go into the Automation panel and make your pitchbending there.

Here’s a screenshot from our automation panel of the c64 sounding lead:

Here’s a little video to go with the music:

6 Likes

Sweet!!! Cause i really suck doing pitch bend in my midi keyboard

Thanks for your opinion! :slightly_smiling_face:
Yeah, I know what you mean. And I know what you’re getting at and of course you’re right in some respects. On one hand I try to do justice to the style and on the other hand I try to implement something new. But I have to say that repeatings are very important, especially in electronic music, particularly in Techno or Electro. You would absolutely miss the goal if you’re creating Techno or Elektro without any repeatings and consisting of lined up blocks and sequences which always have new instruments, new melodies or else. There simply is no Techno or Elektro without repeatings! That’s why on one hand I totally understand critics going in this direction, on the other hand I don’t because everything you hear including repeatings clearly is part of the music style and there is not even one single piece of music within this style which is completely different and always continues with something “new”. Even every radio chart Pop hit has heavy repeatings, mostly called “refrain”, but there are also many more repeatings all over the place. To get to the point: I consciously did all the repeatings of instruments, melodies, beats or else. It has to be like this, just look around, for example here, here or here. I’m pretty sure that you also won’t tell somebody who’s creating for example Gabber or Hardcore Techno that he should implement more melody and more variation in terms of instruments, right? :wink:
Anyway, as I wrote, I know what you’re getting at, I absolutely do understand and I try to get this into practice, but without losing contact to the base, which is the music style. And in many cases repeatings are indispensable. If you compare my Elektro stuff with stuff from others, you would hear that in comparison my stuff isn’t that bad in terms of variation. There is A LOT more stuff including A LOT more repeatings and stuff. Just my thoughts… :see_no_evil:

That’s why it’s my favorite VST so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for listening and your feedback Much appreciated!!

You’re absolutely right. The drums do need some more compression/power/saturation/shape. My original plan, back in September 2019, when I made the track was to record it to tape and slam it hard. Get some real tape saturation going. Got myself a tape machine for this project. But it died while I was still testing stuff out. And the tracks have been collecting virtual dust on my harddisk ever since. Until I rediscovered it today. But it is good to that you remind me it really needs that still.I’m gonna experiment running the drums through some guitar pedals.

The timberal/textural variation suggestion is interesting. Not sure if I can fix that with this tune still. But it is something I’m gonna keep in mind and experiment with.Cause you may have a point there.

I had to look up braindance. But that is good to know! And I’m happy (almost) being associated with that. :grin:

Thanks again!

1 Like

sure thing!

Would be dope to run it thru tape for some actual hardware saturation/compression! love that idea :+1: