It would be very neat with a tool that records the current track to a sample and automatically enters a note at the start of the pattern. I think this is technically possible with the current API?
Its features could be:
- Tick for either deleting original note data, or maintaining it in muted (sub)track.
- Options “Freeze to same track” or “freeze to new track”
- Options “Freeze this pattern” or “Freeze from this pattern to all patterns as long as they have note data”
- Automatically sets the rendered sample to autoseek on, of course.
- Freeze dry or freeze wet (pre/post?)
This would make the workflow a lot better when working with hardware synths via midi -> line in, when you normally want to freeze tracks to be able to use the next patch on the synth.
Anyone up for this?
Maybe i am using the wrong term. Should it be “bounce” instead of “freeze”?