IDEA, is this possible in future Renoise?

Concept of adjustment of panels to the taste of the user. MIR, Multiple Image Resizer .NET

7201 mir-panels-and-windows.gif

This + scalable or vectorial GUI, using up to 3 monitors.

This will never happen, due heavy complexity of GUI code, I guess. So save your energy.

Personally I would be already happy with a detachable mixer + analyzer.

And an effect, vst instrument, disk browser and renoise instrument browser all in one place. Currently we have 4 different tree views, it’s funny.

This will never happen, due heavy complexity of GUI code, I guess. So save your energy.

Personally I would be already happy with a detachable mixer + analyzer.

And an effect, vst instrument, disk browser and renoise instrument browser all in one place. Currently we have 4 different tree views, it’s funny.

Do not take it as it is. Just look at the concept.Modifying the panel size is already possible with Renoise.Something that allows to order a specific panel and place it in another place, is not something extraordinary.At least the concept is present.Yes, the GUI will be more complex, like many other things.

If a miracle happens and Taktik decides someday to update the GUI for larger resolutions, maybe these things are interesting.

Adobe uses very similar style GUI, fully customizable and very convenient. I don’t know anything about coding, but doesn’t there already exist ready made GUI codes that can be used perhaps? The monitors and resolutions doesn’t seem to stop evolving anytime soon, so i guess at one point something has to be done to the lo res GUI of Renoise.

I think the GUI actually is the most difficult part in Renoise. Taktik once said “it is slow by design” - it is maybe still based on Arguru’s original code. No idea. But since there obviously is really small time frame to do things for Renoise, I would guess, there are more important things to do, like bug fixing.

Yes, it’s probably not first priority on the list, but maybe this “slow by design” GUI is one of the bottlenecks for the rest of the development? I think if the GUI was easily customizable in the first place, like a modular graphical platform, then it might also be easier to work with. Instead of writing a lot of code you could rather just add buttons, boxes, scroll menus or whatever and just edit all the parameters and assign the addresses to the item you just added. Vector based so you could simply rescale anything. Maybe it could be done by creating some conversion tool for an autocad document or if there are other more suitable formats?

I’m no coder so i have no clue if anything i said even makes sense for someone who knows these things, just pitchin ideas from my perspective.

The holy grail of Renoise is his GUI.At some point taktik to be taken seriously.

@ffx_away.Error correction is important yes, but it is something small, easy.And many times very quick to solve.If the main programmer does not invest time in Renoise, because he wants to invest it in other things, what little he can do is fix some errors.But it is not the most important thing.From my point of view, Renoise is stuck because of the GUI.I explain. It gives the feeling that it does not advance because Taktik knows that Renoise will not improve until the GUI is not changed. You can continue adding nonsense, fixing things, but it has the ballast of an outdated GUI, which in the background grotesquely hurts the result.

I am sure that the most important step is the conversion of the GUI into scalable or vectiorial, above anything else.On the other hand, Renoise does not have a complex GUI. It is quite flat, with well-defined objects. The internal audio code is much more complex, that makes everything work.Scalable implies being able to modify the size of cells, fonts, and construct vector icons (not BMP or PNG), or various sizes with PNG format, at least four (zoom 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%).

Warning!This is no nonsense. It should take precedence, and Taktik knows perfectly.But it seems that he wants to attend to little things of Renoise, to dedicate itself to something else in the meantime.In other words. High resolution monitors are a threat to much software.Update your software or it will end up dead.Renoise continues with the same GUI that 15 years ago.It’s your biggest problem, the biggest one.

And I’m going to be very catastrophic now. I think Taktik has never had in mind to change the GUI at all.I think he never will.Before, he goes to something else and lets Renoise die.And this is not new. We have been with serious complaints for 2 years because of the high resolution monitors. People want to use better hardware, obviously, and not settle for the past.

EDIT : Another thing.Tools (API LUA) are another problem or liability related to this topic.Perhaps an important GUI upgrade would break all the tools currently available. And this situation sucks!Yes, the vast majority are not very used by the vast majority of people, but they are the perfect excuse to refuse to change the GUI, which is unfortunate.If the tools stop working, the authors should put the batteries, ginger up and repair, there is no more.