Idea: put tabs on Instrument-Properties box

For me I don’t really need all of them shown at the same time, for an instrument it’s mostly sampler only, or plugin only,

if it’s switchable you can have more detailed control inside each tab while keeping the box tidy.

I myself hope there’s a macro-like assignable control to plugin parameters or midi cc’s there; also a bigger box for phrases should be nice.

probably look like this:

6057 Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 8.54.30 AM.png

+1, or something similar.

It seems intuitive that the tab selection would be remembered per-instrument?

Sidenote: This seems like a more sensible and user friendly interface design. I consider this panel cluttered (and the context menu where you set it, the whole system). With its cryptic values it’s probably especially distracting and incomprehensible to new users. IMO Renoise has passed a threshold where the interface make new users afraid instead of curious :slight_smile:

+1, or something similar.

It seems intuitive that the tab selection would be remembered per-instrument?

Sidenote: This seems like a more sensible and user friendly interface design. I consider this panel cluttered (and the context menu where you set it, the whole system). With its cryptic values it’s probably especially distracting and incomprehensible to new users. IMO Renoise has passed a threshold where the interface make new users afraid instead of curious :slight_smile:

I have the exactly opposite feeling ]