Idea Tool : Midi Chords/sequence Player

3644 midi_chords_v2.jpg

Hey Guys

Basicly the point of this concept is pretty simple, and partly based on the “Chord Scale” tool but instead of ready chords we could load our own midi files. Obviously the green ones represent active with loaded data, the red ones are inactive - and that`s it. Why i did this thought? Some time ago, i bought a compilation of Grant Nelson Chordworx with nearly 900 midi files of one shot chords and sequences. At this point, upload those files one by one into Renoise it is a pain. That kind of tool would be great solution in this situation, dont you think ? Well, unless it is already a tool or VST that did that job ? If you know such a tool please let me know anyway :)

Edit : Learn feature added

Cheers!
Peter

It’s an interesting idea, but I just don’t understand why anyone would want to use midi files they didn’t actually compose…why even bother with making music?

It’s using midi files for the chords. That doesn’t mean you’re using them in the same arrangement.

Are you against sampling music and other sources as well? Why are you using a tracker? :)

Okay well that’s a good point, something like this would be nice for chord progressions if you’re changing up the arrangement.

In example : www.petersky.jupe.pl/chordworx.rar
There are few midi files from the package with a different chords, it will be great to assign them to a different blocks inside tool and build up a melody from that. That was my point ;)