Identifying notes/hex tool?

I haven’t written down any of my note name references to instruments, macros and effects, and I’m having a hard time re-identifying some of them. I notice that on some things like #sends, the numbers are the same on each track, they just refer to the sends they have, whereas instruments and effects can have different numbers and hexes (am I using the right terminology?). Is there a way of being able to, say, right-click on a note and it be able to tell me what it is linked to or referencing?

Capture instrument and capture nearest instrument in the keybindings is what you’re looking for, it will switch the selected instrument to what you have, you can also enable it to be done automatically on track change, the button is in the instrument box.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about concerning send tracks

I’m not sure what you’re talking about concerning send tracks

When you automate send amounts, macros and bypassing sends or effects, those have numbers/hexes in the editor, can those be identified too? Why do some instruments use the same numbers? Like, I had a beat repeater on three tracks, and on two of them the number was the same (I could copy paste the data and it would trigger the repeater for the track it’s on rather than the track I copied it from) but on a third track it was different number, and I had to manually change the code for it to trigger the beat repeater for this track I copied it to.

Hexadecimal is a representation of values in base 16, so no need to say ‘hexes’.

Instrument numbers are located in the instrument number sub-column (the number right after the octave number) can not be the same between different instruments.

When you automate via the pattern effects commands, the syntax of what you see in the effects column is: ZYXX, where Z is the number of the dsp device in the list of devices on that track,Y is the number of the parameter in the list of parameters of that device, and XX is the value of that parameter in hexadecimal.

If the two tracks have identical dps devices that are in the same order, the pattern effects, if identical, will react identically.

Click to view contents

rtfm

Hexadecimal is a representation of values in base 16, so no need to say ‘hexes’.

Instrument numbers are located in the instrument number sub-column (the number right after the octave number) can not be the same between different instruments.

When you automate via the pattern effects commands, the syntax of what you see in the effects column is: ZYXX, where Z is the number of the dsp device in the list of devices on that track,Y is the number of the parameter in the list of parameters of that device, and XX is the value of that parameter in hexadecimal.

If the two tracks have identical dps devices that are in the same order, the pattern effects, if identical, will react identically.

Thanks for the advice, I understand now, I just couldn’t get at first that the set-up of the number referring to the order of dsps, but now I do.

Click to view contents

rtfm

Isn’t this the beginner’s questions forum?