Ik Multimedia British Channel and White Channel problems

I seem to be getting regular plugin container crashes with the Ikmultimedia British and white channel plugs.

By checking the “use static processing buffers” it cuts the crashes down a lot but not completely.

Likely a problem that needs to be addressed by IK but maybe these should be set to default to static buffers natively as default in renoise, like Ik`s Precision and Bus compressors already are?

Renoise 3.1 64 bit

Win 7 64bit

Plugins bridged 32bit

On further investigation this does seem to be something to do with bridging the 32bit versions in renoise 64bit.

I have installed renoise 32bit again and have not suffered a crash while using the 32bit versions of the plugs yet.

I`ll carry on testing in renoise32 though and report back if I can manage to crash.

Still no crashes with 32bit in 32bit. Not dependent on static buffers either, so pretty safe to say a bridging issue i think.

Hello. Sorry for the late reply.

I’ve tried both plugins (via the T-Racks custom shop) and played around with them for a while - with and without Renoise’s plugin server, but could not make them crash and also have not seen any other fishy behavior here.

Could you please give us a few more hints here, like what to do to make it crash - when it happened and when not? If it only happens in a specific song, could you please share the song with us?

Please also share your Renoise log and Renoise Plugin Server log file with us.

All recent IK’s plugins are available as 64bit plugins too, so I’m wondering why you are forced to use the plugins bridged in the 64bit version of Renoise.

Hello. Sorry for the late reply.

I’ve tried both plugins (via the T-Racks custom shop) and played around with them for a while - with and without Renoise’s plugin server, but could not make them crash and also have not seen any other fishy behavior here.

Could you please give us a few more hints here, like what to do to make it crash - when it happened and when not? If it only happens in a specific song, could you please share the song with us?

Please also share your Renoise log and Renoise Plugin Server log file with us.

I`ll try and recreate and get a logs/ xrns together and post back. It was happening fairly regularly whenever I added the IK plugs, regardless of song.

All recent IK’s plugins are available as 64bit plugins too, so I’m wondering why you are forced to use the plugins bridged in the 64bit version of Renoise.

After upgrading the PC I thought Id try and go fully 64bit but then ran into compatability probs with old songs. i.e. old songs using 32bit plugs still need the 32bit plug/name (as far as I understand it?), in the end Im going to stick with rns 32bit/ 32bit plugs. All a bit of a mess with duplicated plugs everywhere otherwise.