IK Multimedia VSTi Group Buy

This seems a good deal: buy one VSTi for half the price, and get other three. These virtual instruments come with lots of samples.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/vigb/

interesting!!

Yes. Miroslav Philarmonik doesn’t seem to work with Windows 64 bit (Renoise thinks it’s an effect and not an instrument). However, you can use the samples with Sampletank. And I think it’s the samples that count.

I got this deal a couple of days ago when it was 50% off and 2 VI’s for free.

But this stuff is 32-bit only. I forgot to check that, and know I’m a bit disappointed.

I just messaged IK about that. There will be no 64-bit updates. Later this year they’ll release sampletank 3 which will have 64-bit support though.

I had trouble with Miroslav only. SampleTank works well with Renoise, but you must run Renoise as admin. The others I haven’t tried yet, but SampleMoog and SonicSynth opened correctly in Renoise. I didn’t test any sounds there yet because I haven’t downloaded them, but I guess they will work. Someone at the OpenMPT forums told be they got Miroslav working fine with Windows 7 64 bits.

For What It’s Worth, I ran Renoise as Administrator under Win 8 64-bit (32-bit Renoise) and I didn’t have any further issues with SampleTank or Miroslav. Will let you know if I have any other issues with other sets.

EDIT: I don’t seem to be able to figure out how to take advantage of the multi-timbral feature with these particular synths…