Image to Theme Utility

Hi!

Per @untilde 's suggestion to start a thread for my little python cli tool, here begins a thread

The utility basically just takes an image file input, does some pixel parsing, and then generates a Renoise theme file. I just started really getting into writing Lua so the idea of refactoring from Python to Lua to make a native Renoise tool that can do this suddenly is of interest. Collaboration would be welcome in such an effort. <3 ya’ll.

6 Likes

Yes! Thanks for making a thread. Hopefully someone will be happy to help turning into a Lua tool.

Cheers!

1 Like

I’m not very good at this, I can’t figure out the virtual environment stuff which I wish I would have known about this before.
anyhow it complains about me not having the package. can I get away without it maybe?

using macos bigsur and I’m pretty sure python3, when I ran it, it made a theme file but the theme I think crashed renoise, so i haven’t messed with it since. II had saw when you first released this 3 months ago but have been bashful about asking the above, I really want to try making some themes based on color pallets, and the ffffound JPG archive, this utility is spot on perfect for what I’ve been wanting to do.

I have been having a vision of renoise themes being able to shift colors, like animated, based on different contexts. Like the whole interface being alive.

Ok i got it to work
THANKYOU MAN
My God man, these themes are Gorgeous.

2 Likes

Excellent, hurray! Share the results with the class! And I’d be interested to see the source images used.