Import renoise 3.0 data into 2.8?

Is there a workaround for doing this?

Let’s say;

I want to copy the notes from a melody in a track I’ve made in 3.0 and paste them into a project I’m working on in 2.8…

is this possible?

Copying notes from a single track with Shift+F4/F5 generally works.

Copying the whole pattern with Ctrl+F4/F5 works somewhat, although things like track groups will not be preserved — the notes will try to find a place to go, but may end up in completely the wrong place.

Just give it a go and see how it works for you. Open an instance of 3.0, an instance of 2.8, and just try copying stuff across.

I think that it’s not possible copying&pasting notes between 2.8 and 3.0 directly.

This is [C-4 + OFF] data on the clipboard in 3.0.

Click to view contents <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<patternclipboard.blockbuffer doc_version=“0”>

C-4

OFF

NoteColumn

</patternclipboard.blockbuffer>

This is in 2.8.

Click to view contents <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<patternclipboard.blockbuffer doc_version=“0”>

C-4

OFF

NoteColumn

</patternclipboard.blockbuffer>

So simply, we have to “Find & Replace”

---->

---->

---->

---->

by any text editor manually.

I think that it’s not possible copying&pasting notes between 2.8 and 3.0 directly.

The structure of a selection within the pattern has changed slightly, meaning that Alt+F4/F5 will not work.

However, as I mentioned above, copying the whole track with Shift+F4/F5 does still work :slight_smile:

But yes, you can of course hack the XML using find/replace for pretty much anything in Renoise — if you have the time and patience for it :wink:

However, as I mentioned above, copying the whole track with Shift+F4/F5 does still work :slight_smile:

Ohhh I see. I did’nt know it till now. :smashed: