Impulse Tracker Keyboard Bindings

Hello fellow trackers,

I was wondering if anybody has already spent the time to configure Renoise’s keyboard bindings like good old Impulse Tracker. I am a fervent follower of IT, and find the most difficult component of my transition to Renoise to be the high learning curve of its shortkeys. Before I attempt to modify the shortkeys myself, I thought I’d ask if anybody else has done this already and would be willing to share his keyboard bindings .xml file.

Thanks!

dobomode

we have had threads about that… :) don’t remember actually if someone did it finally…

I used also IT before renoise… But now i got used to renoise shortcuts… actually i don’t remember IT shortcuts anymore… ;)

Thanks for replying! I tried searching the forum to see if it’s been posted before, but couldn’t find anything…

You might be right, it might turn out to be better to spend the time adjusting to a completely new set of shortkeys (damn, is there a myriad of them?! :)) than reprogramming them to match the old IT ones…

i found some topics… :)

this one

and

this one

hey, and there are some files availible… :) i havent tried them though…

Thanks for the links, trackit!

The theme flie worked, but the keyboard binding file didn’t… I copied it to
Documents and SettingsApplication DataRenoiseV1.5 RC2 and overwrote the original one, but when I started Renoise it still used the original shortcuts…

I think that new renoise (1,5) uses little different mapping file and it don’t recognize the old one and it just rewrites it with deault…

it seems to be that way… :(