insert key problem

Hi guys, I have a new HP laptop and a very strange problem - insert key doesn’t work as its supposed to.

Its shared with the 0 key on the numpad but no matter if numlock is on or off, renoise is always registering it as 0 and opens the instrument editor.

I checked in wordpad and insert key works as it should so seems like its renoise not recognising it.

Any idea why ?

Thanks very much

*** update ***

Just checked and in Sunvox it works as it should.

Hello ? Anyone ?

I also submitted a support request 1 week ago…

I tested another tracker, a modern FT2 clone and Insert key doesnt work.

So I’m even more confused now.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hi guys, I have a new HP laptop and a very strange problem - insert key doesn’t work as its supposed to.

Its shared with the 0 key on the numpad but no matter if numlock is on or off, renoise is always registering it as 0 and opens the instrument editor.

I checked in wordpad and insert key works as it should so seems like its renoise not recognising it.

Any idea why ?

Thanks very much

*** update ***

Just checked and in Sunvox it works as it should.

Something similar happened with my Samsung laptop. The zone where the insert-delete-start keys are … seems as if they were upside down, permuted, at least two (I wanted to use the image capture key and it was not the correct one). I tried other programs and the same thing happened, so it was not a Renoise problem, but something was happening with the keyboard (the placement of the keys).

I suggest you try other programs and discard.

Something similar happened with my Samsung laptop. The zone where the insert-delete-start keys are … seems as if they were upside down, permuted, at least two (I wanted to use the image capture key and it was not the correct one). I tried other programs and the same thing happened, so it was not a Renoise problem, but something was happening with the keyboard (the placement of the keys).

I suggest you try other programs and discard.

Sorry but I don’t get your advice, can you re-iterate ?

Also, quite disappointing support is silent, I posted a request 1.5 weeks ago.

Guys, any chance to get this fixed? I sent a support request month ago and got nothing back.

I just checked and both insert key and numpad 0 [both sharing the same key depending on numlock state] both work just fine in Reason.

I have a new HP laptop

Can you tell us which model you have so that we can examine its keyboard layout?

Certain keyboard layouts can be a bit tricky to deal with at times, especially compact layouts lacking a full “proper” numeric keyboard, or having certain features that require the use of a “Fn” modifier key.

I know that on some notebooks the main Insert key may be shared with another such as PrintScr — perhaps yours does, too?

Otherwise, you should be able to edit your keyboard shortcuts and re-bind things to your liking.

Simply go to Edit > Preferences > Keys and look for the function(s) you wish to re-bind.

https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Keyboard_Shortcuts