Installing the licensed copy - stupid newbie questions?

I finally bought Renoise some days ago :slight_smile: and downloaded my copy from the Backstage area. Then I unpacked the file rns_342_osx.tar.gz and got the files Renoise.app and Renoise.license. But what to do now? Simply copy Renoise.app to the Applications folder (overwriting the demo version that already sits there)? What to do with the file Renoise.license? Can it be used to turn my demo version into a licensed version? If so, how do I achieve this?

Sorry if these questions may sound totally silly but I would like to be sure to do “the right thing” and understand what is going on.

I already asked the following questions already via the contact form some days ago but did not receive an answer yet. Maybe it would be a good idea to put the answers in the Backstage area.

Put the Renoise license in a folder where you won’t delete stuff. When you open Renoise it’ll ask for the file location. Direct it to the license file. Then leave that file there forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your hint - that worked perfectly! :smiley:

So - technically speaking - Renoise.app is a version that needs a valid license file to work whereas the demo version will work just like that (with the well-known limitations of course).

In my case (macOS) the license file doesn’t need to stay there :wink: but is copied by Renoise to the folder ~/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.4.2 instead (where it needs to stay of course).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.