Instrument Editor

Is this something that got phased out? I’m trying to figure out how to generate a drumkit, but I keep seeing that I should go to the so-called “instrument editor.” I’m using the beta, if that matters.

Also, is the “generate drumkit” function what one would use to take a single sample and split it into several ones that are in different pitches/octaves in order to save time later? Thanks.

first of all, let us know which beta you are using: 2.6 or 2.7 (or earlier?) because there are different answers.

the ‘generate drumkit’ function will map your sample(s) across the keyboard. so, if you have for example a kickdrum sample, a generated drumkit would let you play it in C-2 and you’d hear a low-pitched kickdrum, C-4 you’d hear a normal-pitched kickdrum and C-6 you’d hear a high-pitched one.

Some of the functionality of the old instrument editor such as volume/panning/pitch/filter envelopes, LFOs, etc. can now be found in the Instrument Settings section.

The sample mapping features (including the generate drumkit function) are now found in the Sample Keyzones section.