Instrument Mods: Switch / Absolute Value / Diode / Flip-Flop / Quantizer / Lag Processors

These functions could also be useful as FX modulators.

Switch
Outputs a digital “1” when the input level is greater than “0”.

Absolute Value
This function inverts negative values presented to it and leaves positive values alone. This device outputs only positive values.

Diode
This function only allows positive values to pass and blocks negative values.

Flip-Flop
The output of this processor alternates between a digital “1” and digital “0” each time the input goes positive from zero or a negative value. If an LFO wave were input, the output would be a square wave of half the input frequency.

Quantizer
If waveform = sawtooth, then output = staircase. The value steps controls the number of steps. The value of size controls the size of the steps.
Options: Waveform, Steps, Size.

Lag Processors
Slows down rapid changes in the input signal. The output “lags” behind the input at a programmed rate.
Option: Rate

4 Likes

If i understand what you trying to do, you could probably do it pretty much via formula meta device.

1 Like

Well, I’m not a mathematician so formula device its something very abstract :slight_smile: to me. So I would be very happy to have these little functions ready to use.

Formula device it’s available on instrument modulation, you just can use it on FX chain (also on instrument FX chain), not as modulation source.

1 Like