Instrumental Synth Rock

This is probably not the most typical Renoise production. I hope it’s ok to post this kind of song here? I play guitar and try to create my own sound combining heavy riffing and sounds from my synth.

I use Renoise VST plugins to connect my hardware synth Virus, software synth Omnisphere, Trillian and Addictive Drums. Guitars are sampled directly via USB from POD HD 500. All the mixing and mastering I do with Renoise. I have probably lot to learn in the process, but I am amazed how easy it is to do everything in Renoise. The only external software I use is Melodyne to fix some notes in solos and vocals (when trying to sing).

Any comments are appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/tomi-tuomainen/hope-plaza

Nice job. Keep working on your own sound, that probably means more than a lot of things, these days, when anyone can make a tune…

Very nice - not being “typical Renoise production” simply means interesting and inventive, though I dont know that there is such a thing as a typical Renoise production! I love the combination of live instruments and sequenced/synthed sounds.

Keep up the good work, and keep being “atypical”!

You’re right, of course there is no “typical Renoise production”. I am new in this forum, so I don’t know if there are many people using Renoise for rock/metal songs? My friends gave me a strange look when I told them I am using Renoise.

Anyway, thanks for your positive comments!

You would be surprised to find out about the scale of metal genre on the tracker scene.

Very good track, keep it up!