instruments comments get lost after dragging?

(ffx) #1

It seems to me that instruments comments will be lost after dragging the instrument to another slot… It works for duplicating…

Can you replicate this?

(gentleclockdivider) #2

Related bug has been reported , where moving instruments screws up the mid out .

But I can’t replicate your bug .

You mean ?

-name instrument

-switch places

Here the names stay the same when switched , aslo the sample names

(ffx) #3

Hm no,

since 3.1 or so, Renoise API supports a command per instrument, too! But you only can get/set it through API. There was a tool for checking the values (I think it was made by danoise).

I mean here, that this comment will disappear, as soon as the instrument was moved/dragged. But it should stay automatically, because it is related to the instrument.

(joule) #4

I mean here, that this comment will disappear, as soon as the instrument was moved/dragged. But it should stay automatically, because it is related to the instrument.

FYI I can’t reproduce that here (3.1.1).

7954 instrcomments.gif

(Raul (ulneiz)) #5

I remember a previous problem with the names of instruments, that the names were lost, possibly when changing the slot, but they were the names of plugins. I mean, it had to do with the plugin. I think that was a bug that was solved.

It has nothing to do with this issue, right?

Are you loading plugins in the instruments?

(ffx) #6

Thanks guys,

must be a bug in my code then hehe. Anyway using song comment now since such data would be visible in the instrument preset browser, which is kind of ugly…