Intel Mac Version?

I just heard that the Dual Core chip isn’t exactly in the x86 family, it is Intel, but it doesn’t have the same limitations as the Pentium. :unsure:

I’m not sure.

But whoever said they didn’t like the “Aqua” look of OSX. That’s cool because I run a program called “Shapeshifter” and it allows you to change the GUI, and there are some dope-ass GUIs available for Shapeshifter.

I’m testing the Intel version so far small things need to be fixed but I need a VST that is compiled for Intel so I can test also those binaries. VST’s that are going through Rosetta will show up in the instrument list but they will not pop-up nor will they play. Any know VST’s demo versions that are Intel ready?

… times of blue screens are over since win2000 … both (Win OSX) are stable systems … and only secure systems are interesting for hackers (real hackers) … and hey - only newbie’s have problems with viruses and so on …

so it’s time to think about usability and visual things.

or do you eat ugly food although it should taste great? or do you like ugly web sites more than nice ones with the same contents? and so on …

Little update: Renoise for Intel Macs is running pretty solid now. I leave it up to TakTik if he wants to put out an Alpha version for thorough testing. Just wondering how many of you have an Intel Imac or are getting one?

Finally got the Macbook Pro. (intel)

Renoise is running great. (kept latency at 15ms) Still need to test out VSTi.
Big thanks to Renoise Mac Development Team! :P

Did you use the Intel version of Renoise?

No. I did not know that there was an intel-mac (universal) version available yet. I ran the standard OSX version.

I’m a registered user and checked the ‘backstage’ area and could not find it.

Well, I think you have to ask for a copy… I’m giving that a try.

It’s indeed not downloadable in the backstage area… it’s a test version that you can ask the devs for. But my guess is that they are pretty busy working on Renoise 1.6 at the moment so it could take a while for them to respond.

Unofficial universal binary test builds are currently available here:
http://www.renoise.com/download/Renoise1_5_3_Demo.zip

Would be great to get some feedback, if at least all the basic stuff works. We should then soon release a public beta…

Thanks Taktik -

v.1.53 build that you included works great. (no crashing, great sound, features work). I achieved low latency (1ms) with all of the beatbattle3 collection of .RNS files.

VSTIs - I’m not sure whats going to be happening with OSX VST plugs. Some are recognized, but none play.

Renoise recognized (MDA Piano, ePiano, DX10)
Renoise didn’t recognize (Free Alpha, Muon Atom, Turntablist pro)

The vsti’s you are using are they also universal binaries? Of not then Renoise can not reach them probably because Rosetta is translating the PowerPC vsti’s and putting them into a different process.

Thankx Rick,

They are not Universal VSTi. I’m not sure if any have been released just yet. I know that Native Instruments is going to release versions of Kontakt/Reaktor soon.

Extacado, check this out: it’s a free universal binary VST:
http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/

I am a registered user and i also have a MacBook Pro. (2ghz, 1GB ram, 7200rpm). I will download the beta version and try it out. Any specific things you want me to try?

Thanks. the Crystal VSTi works great in Renoise. (anyone know of any other Universal VSTi?) :unsure:

Anyways, Renoise is running great on the Macbook pro. I’ve spent alot of time in it working to convert songs I made on PC-version. Good performance.

Crash = The only time it crashed (and it does this everytime) is when you have a song with a VSTi (Crystal is the only one I have), and then you close the song. Either when:

1. Exiting Renoise
  2. Opening another song

I haven’t had any trouble with it- please post a beta in the backstage area without demo restrictions!! It would super appreciated…

I don’t know how anybody is running this under rosetta- my latency is at a super lame 20ms and my cpu is climbing up to 60%, then everything goes to hell and freezes up my computer… :o

It’s already available for testing. This link is a few posts up, scroll up and look for “Taktik”.

http://www.renoise.com/download/Renoise1_5_3_Demo.zip

thanks - I’ve got that one, but I hate testing when I can’t render - ‘tests’ always end up with me doing stuff that I really like, and then I can’t export it! But it seems to work fine, from the little I’ve done with it. Nice and fast, as you’d expect. This is off the thread, but it needs saying: I have Logic Pro and a million other things, but nothing can do to a sample what Renoise can. I love this software so much!