Is Renoise Selling Out?

It doesn’t matter wether you interpret Renoise as a tracker or just a sampler (some people use Renoise pure as an enriched sampler with a few programmed sequences).
It is versatile and you can use it to create music with, there is enough evidence around done with even the most simplistic tracker known that proves this.

Things have to change by going forward, we should always look ahead in time to see where we want to end. Not everybody plans his / her future, but those who won’t, won’t get any further either.
The same is for Renoise, no improvement and no evolution when sticking to principle standards.
I only want to say: fasten your seatbelt, relax and enjoy the show.

Cubase

are you really that easily scared ?

what’s that strange big red sign above your words, looza?

a very naughty word I picked up lately while hanging out with some of my very badass-motherf****er homies from the ghetto.

Hi,

Actually there are quite many of us who have started making music using a tracker and are still waiting for a proper tool to come out. (I for instance know many, many other trance musicians besides myself who now and then check renoise pages to see if there is for instance a mixer and piano roll - which of the mixer is now implemented)

And on top of these there are those who are turning to tracking from a history of sequencers only… there are really many of them out there. People doing drum&bass and electrohouse stuff need a more intuitive interface for creating beats and have found that tracker might allow them do that.

I think those who have been allways tracking and not composing on a sequencer or other stuff are actually not anymore the majority of trackerers… Seems like they are just making the most noise against any improvements :) and why on earth is that?

I remember the progress when starting to use noise tracker → then protrakcer (you could merge samples on top of eachother whooa!) …and then had to move on to FT and FT2 (more channels, better samplerates and interpolation, more compatibility with hardware that was out there and more capacity for sounds - whey!!!)

And now that we have renoise why do you really want to fight against the piano roll? It’s just as if people felt like someone stealed their toy if it was incorporated. :D

I actually can somehow relate to you guys since it is cool to know a way to compose music that many others don’t, and if a piano roll would be incorporated then tracking would not be so weird thing. And maybe you are just afraid that it would not be such a highly rated technical achievement to say that you’ve composed a track using a tracker anymore …when someone else could say just the same having used renoise and pianoroll - which is quite a common and not at all strange or technically that cool method for composing. (that’s my opinion too…heh… i think tracking is way cooler ;))

That’s what i think is behind all this resistance… and i do feel for you, I’ve been there too but having seen the lacks and benefits of midi i honestly think there is no other way to progress :)

This ranting is utterly stupid… seriously. If you come up with such an attitude towards a developement future in general, then I ask myself: why you´re using such a well developed Program? It has automation, it has omg internal dsps… all that has cubase too. But still, have you actually realised something about a changed concept about tracking? I don´t since the above mentioned features, “are” features. That means you don´t have to use them and you can just go on like in FT or IT times. Same goes for the Pianoroll, it´s a feature (a good one). You don´t want it? Then simply don´t use it and quit this stupid complaining…

and yes, I´m tired, in a bad mood and now I go sleep :)

wow and lol, tracker identity at stake ?

as long as renoise doesn’t LOSE functions, what’s the big deal ?