Is the Sampler linked to the individual tracks?

Hello Guys,

I am new to renoise. I used Ableton fpr quite a long time, but grew tired of it so I am trying Renoise and its so much fun. I am still a noob and am currently struggling with the sampler.

On a new and empty project: When I drag a sample (in this case a break)on an empty track it automatically gets loaded into the sampler, after that I slice it and record the slices on the track. Usually I want to continue with another track and add a pad-sample on a new track, but than the sampler doesnt show the old sample break. There is no way for me to reslice the previous sample. I come from an Ableton workflow, where a sampler is linked as an instrument to the track. so I can have different sampler on each track. Is this not the case with renoise. I appreciate every help because I totally got lost and the tutorials are not helping.

I use the Demo version right now, if it makes any difference.

Your samples will be listed in the top right corner, each sample will be its own instance of the sampler, so just click on a new sample slot to load a different sample in a different sampler instrument.

Samples, or VSTI’s for that matter, aren’t tied to any track unless you manually assign them to the track, which you might want to do with something like a drum sample instrument where you could process each sound differently. Even if you do assign an instrument to a specific track, you can still put notes for that instrument on any track you want, the audio will just be routed to the main track that you specified.

1 Like

What was wrong with the answers given on Reddit?

1 Like