Is this possible: Play from last start position // Start playback from

I guess the title says it all.

What I need is some kind of command to start the song a couple of lines above my current edit position.

Right now I have to up-down-up-down-arrow a lot to get my edits rights.

Now that does work of course but to be able to start

playing not at, but a little bit before the current edit position without having to move there first

with the edit cursor would make editing a lot easier.

Block loop helps sometimes, but often (especially on breaks, fils and transitions) you want the playback to continue after the edit point

to get that darn edit right.

EDIT: Nevermind, found a tool that does something like this. Thats sufficient for me.

Thanks,

tL.

“EDIT: Nevermind, found a tool that does something like this. Thats sufficient for me.”

WHAT IS THIS TOOL?!??!

Pet peeve: People who post a question, then announce they found they answer but do not say what the answer is.

Please be a Good Net Citizen and think of the people who will be searching for such a thing in the future, who will find this page, and will want to know how it was resolved.

Thank you. : )

Lol, yeah, should have done it in the first place. :slight_smile:

http://www.renoise.com/tools/custom-pattern-navigation

Thanks!

By a nice coincidence this may be quite helpful to me. I was just adjusting some note volumes in a section of a pattern, and each time I need t position the cursor then do shift+space. It would have been much nicer to have another shortcut to start n lines above my edit point.

I know I’ll be doing more such tweaking in the future so such a stool is handy.

Indeed. This comes in very handy a lot of times.

It would have been much nicer to have another shortcut to start n lines above my edit point.

You basically can do this with this tool. This is how I do this:

I have mapped the tool to cmd+return. So pressing return moves the playhed to or plays from your current edit position and cmd+return jumps up x lines from there.

So you have your fixed “roll-in” so to speak.

I also do a lot of editing, and this way is very controlled and probably as fast as it gets… :slight_smile:

Ah and I forgot: To make this really work well, you have to change the Jump Mode in the Custom Pattern Navigation Setup

(you find it in the tool menu) from Lines*LPB to Lines only.

The jump value I use is 16 most of the time for now.