John Frusciante names Renoise as his DAW of choice

Put every sound in it’s own track, then adjust the miilisecond delay in the track mixer-device. Could be what we are talking about here?

Not that this is unique to Renoise, but it’s definitely a short path to a powerful groove.

Speaking of which… a good friend of mine (and a drummer) once pointed out that he really liked my old songs. Together we found out that the reason was that I was lazily chopping my samples, not trimming silence before the first hit etc. Hm, maybe I have become much too “nice” over the years.

1 Like

yeah, that option of track delay is good, but in delay column you get more detail. Depends in the situation, we can use both also

So, does anyone know if the new John Frusciante album is made with Renoise? It sounds like it might be (lots of breaks), but I don’t know. I did a very quick Internet scan for interviews, but haven’t found an explicit mention of Renoise yet.

1 Like

actually in ableton you do not need to enable/disable grid since there is also a ‘magnetic’ mode which can be on and off the grid at the same time, whereas simple scrollwheel/zoom can get you waay faster than hotkey enable/disable grid settings :slight_smile:
bitwig has this also and it’s neat, simple modifier (left-shift) whereas grid is enabled, but you press and hold shift and you got off the grid. This is so easy to do, but you need to figure it out within your workflow

oh, now i see that your reply was back in 2014. Let that sink in :smiley:

New album:

The album sounds quite dull (missing highs) to me.

1 Like

Good to hear! Then now we just need a track for the next Mutant Breaks! ^_______^