Key binding to open plugin selector

Hi.

My request is: Move focus with keyboard (instead mouse click) to pop open the plugin selector in Plugin Tab.

Thanx

Screen_Shot_2016_11_22_at_15_20_20.png

If you have a numpad , you could use the ‘0’

No, mate. I’m on mac without this group of keys.

If you have a numpad , you could use the ‘0’

I’m on W10. This doesn’t open the plugin selector in the plugin tab. For me it opens either the plugin GUI, or the sampler, (or does nothing,) depending on what’s selected in the instrument box.

I couldn’t find a way to get there without using the mouse.

As usual from support…

Hi Andrey,

There’s currently no dedicated key to pop open the plugin selector, so you’ll simply have to use your mouse for now.

This could be a useful addition for the future, though.

Maybe you can make a quick post about it on the Ideas & Suggestions forum?

Cheers,

Kieran Foster

Renoise Team

As usual from support…

I answered your question as simply as I could.

If there was a solution to offer you, then I would have offered it.

If it was possible to script it, then I would have scripted it for you. (I know that scripting is not the final answer to everything, but if a script can help someone right now, then I will always suggest/offer it.)

Your idea is a useful one, as I said in my reply. It would be a nice workflow improvement, so it makes sense to have it.

By sharing your idea here, we now have something “official” we can refer back to, whenever the time comes to consider adding new stuff to Renoise.

Peace :slight_smile:

After 5 years or so you will, of course :wink: You still don’t have logical basics in Renoise that was asked so many times and you know it. About what we can talk here? I read so many requests here from people. From 2012, 2013 and so on. Nothing was implemented. I answered as simply as I could. Period.

P.S.: No aggression here. Everybody here on forum know that i’m right. Peace :slight_smile:

If it was possible to script it…

Not to tread on toes here… I would’ve thought a very very simple selector of plugins just from the keyboard would be possible via a script and binding it to a global key. The API has a keyboard handler function and be able to enumerate and load plugins. Naturally though it wouldn’t be advanced enough for Andrey, but it is kind of possible…

Attachment 7065 not found.

Peace :slight_smile:

Not to tread on toes here…

Haha, touché :slight_smile:

I was simply referring to the act of triggering the native plugin selector, which is not currently scriptable.

But, yes… of course it’s possible to spend more than a few minutes on this, to create a tool with a custom interface for loading plugins.

In fact, quite a lot of cool functionality is possible here, to manage/organize your favourite plugins, to even have shortcuts to your favourite preset sounds, etc.

But that’s quite beyond the scope of me replying to a simple support request, I think.

But that’s quite beyond the scope of me replying to a simple support request, I think.

Indeed sir. (Between you and me, we will just wait for danoise to script it. He will have a super advanced keyboard driven plugin selector tool done in next to no time :wink: :slight_smile: )