Keybindings break when exiting Renoise while in Language other than English

First of all, I’m sorry if the title sounds weird, I don’t know enough English to properly explain that in a short fashion.

So basically, as a person who has more than 2 languages for my input, I sometimes will forget what language I’m at (in this case, Thai) and close Renoise. The next time I open Renoise, my keybindings are all gone, and I’d have to reset it. This is not that much of a problem, but it irritates me every time it happens.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Open Renoise. Loading a song here does not matter as I have seen no change.
  2. Switch your input language to something other than English (In my case, I used Thai).
  3. Close Renoise.
  4. Open Renoise again.

I did some tests myself, and the file attached here is the result of stage 3 (before running Renoise again). KeyBindings.xml (165.9 KB)

Apparently Renoise did save the keybindings in the input language instead of English, and I think that is the source of the problem. Any thoughts?

I wonder if there’s some character-encoding bug here, where English-encoding Renoise fails to load Thai-character config files.

Weird.

What operating system are you on?

I’m on Windows 10 Pro (Version 1903)