Keyjazz

Is there any way to enable what was called “keyjazz” in renoise? this would essentially tab over to the next column to the right after recording a note so your next note doesnt interfere with the last note recorded.

Additionally what needs to be toggled to allow two notes to be recorded at once when recording notes with the computer keyboard?

Thank you!

Left Shift button? (Actually my suggestion ;) )

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Recording_and_Editing_Notes#Entering_Chords_with_the_Computer_Keyboard

That’s the polyphonic mode and it’s described above the chapter that Kazakore is referring to.

I thought that referred to live recording, from this "tab over to the next column to the right after recording a note so your next note doesnt interfere with the last note recorded. " I assumed our friend wanted to be able to enter chords in stop edit mode. Related to Chord Mode and Left Shift anyway so hopefully between us he’s got all the answers. :)

I thought you answered his second question :) Keyjazz was prominently necessary for live recording.

second question answered. First question still hanging.

I typo’d my first question tho… maybe this will help explain:
Is there any way to enable what was called “keyjazz” in fasttracker?

chord mode does not address this while step recording…

Using three columns in one track on a laptop w/ no midi controllers (like when i’m on the bus or in a coffee shop)
I want to record an arpeggio. I want the first note in column1, the second note in column2, the third note in column3, the forth note back in column1.
If this was fasttracker I’d simply enable keyjazz, hit record and start recording my notes. . . How does one go about this in renoise without having to tab/shift tab over and back?

Thank you!!

Well only holding the shift key provides you this kind of functionality when you are just doing step recording (not realtime)
I whipped up a script for 2.6 that allowed locking specific notes to a specific track (it was actually for splitting percussion samples from one instrument). With a little adaption it could serve the purpose you are after…