Kurzweil Program Change Issues

Hi! My kurzweil k2500 workstation is full of presets. It has 999. Factory presets are from 1 to 199, user presets are from 200 to 999. So, how can I use them in renoise? I want just sequencing on 16track, each track has 1 instrument on diff midi ch, overal 16 instrument.

In his chain kurzweil is the midikeyboard for renoise and renoise sends back the midi messages to kurzweil soundgenerator. That way I can(could) record and playback too. I dont want use vst, sample, efx, just tracking. I just cant believe, that I cannot do it with renoise. I use trackers from '97, so I cant change to sequncers, because they are very unconvenient.

At midi-instrument window(bottom, left corner) the bank select is not working, I cannot accept my presets above 128, sometimes its just 99. When I said, ok, I have only 128 preset, fine, use just them, if I make intstruments on diff midi channels, with dif. program change messages, its a chaos at playback. I dont get it. In the 21st century, when every main synth workstation has thousands of presets, its just that big stuff to have normal midi implementation?

My k2500 and midi is 100%. There is midi send/receive, everything works in Reaper, Sonar, midi record, program change, etc., so this is not my synth’s fault.

I cannot work in sequencers, I have to see up-down and I have to see the notes, not just lines with colors, I used to this method.

So, please if anyone can help, do it :) THX

ps. first I made this topic in general discussions, please delete it from there, thx

same with the blofeld here. bankchange is’nt working. :(

But what you could try:

search in your synths specs for the midi-CC that controls Bank Changes. because for example my blofeld
uses a diffrent CC than most synths.
then you can try to access this CC via midi-CC-Device.
this method failed for the blofeld because it seems to use diffrent values than the usual 0…127. in the specs it says 0…infinite ( i’m not sure about that but its what i found out by myself)

anyhow, we need better midi in renoise. and i’m sure we will get it soon :)

Thanks, but nothing works. These tracker programs(I tried last night the mainstream freeware trackers) has just a minimal neander era midi implementation, everything is just for these crap vsts and general midi.

But I think tracking is more visual and editable than sequencer working method. Where on this forum would anyone answer for ‘Is a proper midi implementation in the new Renoise 2 that can handle today (means:21st century) real (means: it is made from metal and plastic) instruments’ ?

If you’re willing to ship a kurzweil k2500 to germany, I’m sure something can be arranged. ;)

Thanks, but nothing works. These tracker programs(I tried last night the mainstream freeware trackers) has just a minimal neander era midi implementation, everything is just for these crap vsts and general midi.

But I think tracking is more visual and editable than sequencer working method. Where on this forum would anyone answer for ‘Is a proper midi implementation in the new Renoise 2 that can handle today (means:21st century) real (means: it is made from metal and plastic) instruments’ ?

Hey! Im having problem with trackers, not k2500 :). The kurzweil washes away even the newest vsts with the newest soundcards, nothing will sound like k2500, even its 4mb piano sample and programming kills the 5-10-20dvd piano samples.

But I can post you a cd with trackers, haha :D

Hey! Im having problem with trackers, not k2500 :). The kurzweil washes away even the newest vsts with the newest soundcards, nothing will sound like k2500, even its 4mb piano sample and programming kills the 5-10-20dvd piano samples.

But I can post you a cd with trackers, haha :D

Jeez! Whats with the reply editor?

You’re absolutely right !!

I’ve written my own SynthCtrl plugin on the Amiga platform
for SoundStudio and Bars & Pipes, to control my synth settings…

It’s like on cubase I guess, with it’s GM or XG controls…

Anyway,
To set the Program on a Kurzweil above 100,
you need to set the LSB and/or MSB value…
like most of the synths that have more then 128 programs…

Maybe it’s the BANK slider that need to be set to 1 => 100 to 199, 2=> 200 to 299 ???

Note that you have to set the Prg change type to Extented,
and bankselect to 32only on the Kurzweil!!??

Hey, thanks! That 32only worked. Now I can reach all my presets from renoise, but I have to turn off recording program change messages, becasue it f.cks everything up. I have for example 5 set renoise instruments, the 3rd is selected (its on channel4) and if I change channel/preset on kurzweil, then it changes in renoise too, so I have to reset every instrument all the time when I browse or edit programs with the kurzweil.

Another thing. I have 2 instruments in 2 diff renoise slots. The first is preset 1 on channel 1, the second is preset2 on channel 1. Independently they are working. But! If I record some notes with instrument1 into the track, then with instrument 2, then again instrument1, it stays instrument 2. It seems, renoise cannot change presets this way? Its all in bank2 anyway.

And, yeah. How can I change bank and program from the pattern? Is there a code? And how can I use that midi cc panel from meta devices. Its there, I can set things, but what if I want change them in the middle of a pattern? And how does it work? Can I program it to change bank? I dont even know the cc codes :D

I ask so many things because midi in this depth is strange to me.

THX for help!!!

1. You can turn OFF Prg Change In the “midi prefs/Midi keyboard”

2. DOn’t know if Renoise has Multi channel input??

3. Maybe set Prg Change ON in the ‘midi prefs’
    and turn recording on, and change prg change on the keyboard
    to see wich command renoise is recording/using for prg. change of an instrument…

4. or maybe it’s in the manual… commands ??

° I’m using also - only - midi data in my Tracker,
And SoundStudio did it so far…
but I guess, You have to know a little bit about the history of trackers !!!
and then You know why Cubase on the atari wasn’t a tracker,
and did midi almost perfect !!??
but that time, it costed me a lot to buy some hardware synths…

So in other words,
a tracker is based on internal samples,
and ‘today’ it does midi (by hardware) or vst’s

Anyway,
Correct me if I’m not right !!

Thanks for the suggestions!

About trackers. I need just the workflow, that I see the notes name in their track. Tracks side by side and up-down. Thats it. A tracker is a sequencer too, because they technically do the same. If reaper/cubase etc would have a switch from the standard midi view to tracker view than I wouldnt have a problem :) But I hope renoise will work too, and I’ve never heard SoundStudio, will check it.

THX again!

There’s also revisit !!!
an tracker interface in a VST pluggin format…

http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/

Wow!!! You are the man :D This looks the perfect soft for me, checking out!!! THX!!! :w00t: :drummer: :guitar: :yeah: