Let's Talk About Ufabulum ,..the Latest Sauarepusher Lp

Soo …been a long sq.p .fan …this one really dissapoints me …to easy listening …nothing that stands out really except for the …overly compressed sound …
Track nr.2 .sounds like a trance anthem …jeez .I know mr.jenkison doesn’ t have to prove anything …being the genius he is ( ;) ) but I just can’t stop thinking that he is taking the piss out of us…
Dunno …last albums were ok …numbers lucent e.p.was good …hello everything …mwnice …
Energy wizard track is nice …
Me dissapointed …gonna liste’n to some jodey kendrick now …

stylish…

i liked it a lot and I’m not just saying that because he frequents this forum.

What makes you think he visits this forum ?
Maybe you are confusing squarepusher with ven.snares

I’m not a troll.

no ,you’re a robot
But my question is still valid

Squarepusher is one of those artists that never seems to be able to disappoint me. i enjoyed it quite a lot. “cheesy” melodys/etc (as far as you can call it that) is nothing new for him either, he did similar things on Hello Everything as well. i think it makes everything a bit lighter. even Unreal Square, i gladly whistle that song along… heh. and e.g. 303 Scopem Hard is still pretty intense. some of these track also link to his early Chaos A.D. LP on Rephlex.
too easy listening? let your average black eyed peas person listen to this and he/she’ll have a brainfart.

gonna watch the show in two months or so. he’s constantly changing it, he’s playing some bass again something he wasn’t doing on the first shows of this tour. i guess people were disappointed, since everyone wants to see the daddy play some bass.

squarepusher is one of the best electronic musicians out there and although i think most of his fans including me won’t grade Ufabulum as his top work im sure glad he left that direction of weird ass daft punk like vecoder 909 distorted album Shobaleader One: d’Demonstrator…

I think it’s a great album but I’d really love to hear a further continuation of the Shobaleader One sound; that album had such potential to go in all kinds of crazy prog/fusion directions but never quite got there. I’m certain that he’s got the capacity to put out a really ridiculous Brand X/Return to Forever style album. I think he just lacks direction/focus sometimes—I don’t blame him though because I also suffer from the same problem with my music.

god , he’s coming to brussels in oktober
Gonna go see him

I like ‘stadium ice’ and ‘energy wizard’ and others. Everything Squarepusher does is worth repeated listens.

Honestly, I really liked the Shobaleader One album. I loved it, actually. It was an amazing fusion of styles and something different from one of the most (THE most) interesting and unpredictable musicians out there.

I feel like Ufabulum is a return to a more familiar sound for him, and while this is good, it hasn’t surprised me and shaken me up like some other releases.