Lfo Device Lacks Descending Linear Oscillation

I was trying to simulate some kind of filtered delay in a send track when I found out this deficiency in Lfo device:

It’s not possible to generate a descending linear oscillation using Lfo device.

In sine oscillation you’ll have no problem, because it generates a perfect sine and you can reset the Lfo device using X6YY code to the desired % part of the curve (e.g. X640 starts the descending phase of the sine curve ~ 25% = 90deg = pi/2 rad), also there’s no need to discuss about pulse or random, they act as they should.

But the oscillation always has an ascending move, when it reaches the max value it jumps to the min and repeats, and this is the only type in Lfo device that can produce a linear, so there’s no way to produce a descending linear oscillation in Lfo device.

I thought there would be two ways to surmount this lack:

1 - changing the type to a new type that oscillates like this (triangle):

In this type users will be able to reset the Lfo device in a way that it starts in a linear ascending or descending (X600 --> ascending, X680 --> descending).

2 - Adding a new Lfo Device type beside , which acts reversely:

If there’s any way to produce a descending linear oscillation using Lfo device that I don’t know
please let me know, and if there isn’t I think surmounting this deficiency would be a necessity. :)

I agree that we should have more flexible LFO options, but I just wanted to quickly correct something here. The waveform you showed in your first image is actually called a triangle wave. The waveform which Renoise already has is a sawtooth.

Yes you’re right I made a mistake there, thanks :). I edited the first post and corrected it.

Resample and use the b0 effect ;)

What If I reverse the resample and use b1 instead? :P

Haha.

I think we are going to get stuck in a Mobius Strip any second now…