Linux soundfont player

Hi all,

Is there a soundfont player available for Linux in VST, or DSSI format that isn’t FluidSynth? The reason I ask is because running multiple instances of FluidSynth causes the plugin to crash.

Cheers,

Jacob

Edit: Enabling the “Run all plugins in sandboxes” option seemed to have fixed the issue. Credit goes to delt for finding a workaround :slight_smile:

Use carla, it does use fluidsynth as a backend but doesn’t crash with multiple instances. It also lets you load lv2.

Use carla, it does use fluidsynth as a backend but doesn’t crash with multiple instances. It also lets you load lv2.

Thanks. I’ll check that out now.

Edit: Carla doesn’t seem to work. Everytime I load a soundfont, I’m presented with “Carla’s rack mode can only work with Mono or Stereo plugins, sorry!”.

Edit 2: Okay, so loading soundfonts from Carla’s patch bay mode seems to work smoothly.

Edit 2: Okay, so loading soundfonts from Carla’s patch bay mode seems to work smoothly.

How does this work? I mean, I got many VST working with Carla but the patchmode is something I don’t understand