Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send

thanks for your appreciation gregj. i am glad people find this tip in any way useful.

A valid point, so I’d like to answer this.

Imagine some football team in a training camp. No matter if pro or amateur league. The trainers and players are exchanging/practicing some tips and tricks on the field. And at some point one of the players says “Hey, I found out its a good idea to use your foot to kick the ball.” or maybe “Kicking the ball works way better with some shoes.” or something similar. What ever. People who don’t know football might be thankful for something like this, because they need the knowledge to learn and play the game. But if you were one of his team mates on the field, would you consider this a tip or trick? Worth being told in a training lesson?

My point is, if people don’t know basic things, there’s nothing wrong with this at all. But it’s not “tips & tricks”. It’s just some missing basic knowledge. So, if rhowaldt’s advise is useful to you, I’m for sure not going to tell, it is not. But it actually only shows, you yet miss some basic knowledge of devices and of what they can do and can’t do. It’s simply about (not) knowing your tools. No matter if in Renoise, in Ableton, Cubase or what ever. It still doesn’t become a tip or trick because of that.

Back to your posting, what would have been the reaction of the footballer’s team mates? And would they have been outrageous to make fun of his advise? I’m fine, if you answer this question yourself only.

@Bit_Arts: in the matter of the football-players, you are right. it would be a very basic thing to say. however, the question here is whether your analogy is accurate. in other words: is this tip of the same level of simplicity as your football-example? i think it isn’t.

if my tip were ‘unmute your sound to hear something coming out of Renoise’, that would be on par with your football-analogy. if i were to think of a football-tip that fits in this analogy when using it with my Renoise-tip, i’d think ‘when you jump a second before you think an air-ball reaches you, you’ll hit it instead of going under it’ would be more accurate of an analogy.

what i find strange is that you first said you’d end the discussion, which you are now back to pick up. second (and this is even stranger to me), you replied to dblue by saying you’ve had similar experiences in the past here on the forums where people were disrespectful of tips you posted. this was because they thought they were not tips but basic knowledge that everyone should already have. you hated when this happened to you, and yet here you are, doing exactly the same. why would you do that?

This is a good tip.

I kept the football example simple to make the actual point obvious, not to make you look stupid. In fact it doesn’t matter, what example I use. It’s only about understanding the point. If you like this one better, let’s take usage of screw driver. It wouldn’t be a tip or trick to tell someone “turn the screw driver the other way around and the screw comes out”. That’s basic knowledge of a tool. A tip or trick would be, to tell someone to put some soap on the screw before driving it into wood, to make things easier.

I’ve ended my discussion with dblue. For the “similar experiences” it wasn’t about someone thinking my crap was too basic. If you’re really interested in, I guess you can still find the conversations from back then.

I’m telling my point only, because someone said “I don’t get the point…”. So what’s wrong with this? This is actually the most normal thing to happen in a working communication. And it’s not me trying to make this communication NOT work. I’m writing my ass off to communicate. If it was my intention, it’d be way easier for me to flame with a few sentences.

You feel like I’m still trying to belittle you? See, a few weeks ago I was in need to be able to enter decimal places for the BPM settings. I never before needed this and always used to click the arrows to adjust the BPM. So I posted even a feature request for this, and a few minutes later someone replied, this feature is already in for a whole while and you just have to enter the decimals by hand. I felt like a bloody noob too when I read this, but hell… Things like this happen, for you and for me. So what? Stop thinking this is anything against you. Beside from reading you here and there I don’t even know you.

Man, I’m getting really tired of explaining myself for each fart. Something’s def going wrong here.

The easiest thing to do here is to stop explaining yourself. :) Everybody made their points already and if you guys don’t stop things just get dirty. Why you guys are being so passionate about something what a stranger on some forum says? So here’s another basic tip - don’t give a sh*t.

@Bit_Arts: ok yeah, understand your point. and eeter is right as well, and i was thinking the same thing. let’s be done with this.

Just to help out a little bit: I think that maybe 50% of the admins might close this down quickly as a tip, or at least when it becomes flaming, like this… Ok, it’s been posted, but I agree with some that it’s not really a “pro tip” since it’s (at least) one of the presets :D (‘5ms static’). Hooking up a hydra etc, that’s tips. This, no.

Then simply stop, your point was clear quite a few messages ago.
The input is appreciated but the weight of the tip is not very high, lets stick to that idea, i think that everybody can agree with that, no further explanations required.

People would have to go really hayware here before we intervene too drastically. In generic we can go along fine here, these moments are very rare compared to the amount of topics and discussions generated.

Some of what I’m about to say regarding Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s propositions is so childishly simple, I fear it may be patronizing to explain; I apologize in advance. First, the misinformation: Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send suggests that its birdbrained claque is a benign and charitable agency. Where the heck did it come up with that? Apparently, even know-it-all Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send doesn’t know the answer to that one. It wouldn’t even matter much if it did, given that I am not embarrassed to admit that I have neither the training, the experience, the license, nor the clinical setting necessary to properly defy the international enslavement of entire peoples. Nevertheless, I decidedly do have the will to go placidly amid the noise and haste. That’s why I aver that I need your help if I’m ever to solve the problems of propagandism, mandarinism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. “But I’m only one person,” you might protest. “What difference can I make?” The answer is: a lot more than you think. You see, it’s Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s belief that my letters demonstrate a desire to work hand-in-glove with pathological malefactors. I can’t understand how anyone could go from anything I ever wrote to such a yellow-bellied idea. In fact, my letters generally make the diametrically opposite claim, that some day, Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s lackadaisical confidants may ask you why you think it’s a good idea to remove the misunderstanding that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send has created in the minds of myriad people throughout the world. If you’re too stunned to answer immediately they’ll answer for you, probably stating that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send is an institution of morality, achievements, and noble qualities, one that often sacrifices its own reputation or safety in order to pursue that which is right and those things that truly matter. You should therefore be prepared to tell these power-hungry degenerates that I want to make this clear so that those who do not understand deeper messages embedded within sarcastic irony—and you know who I’m referring to—can process my point.

If you understand that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send frequently writes self-contradictory, nonsensical “sentences” that are actually just phrases or sentence fragments filled with grammatical, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation errors, then you can comprehend that I never intend to offend anyone, Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send included. Alas, the following statement may upset a few people: Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s pestiferous objectives have been found incompatible with personal security and the rights of property. Some people squirm a bit when they they read things like that, but such statements are the key to explaining why I have to laugh when Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send says that it has the linguistic prowess to produce a masterwork of meritorious literature. Where in the world did it get that idea? Not only does that idea contain absolutely no substance whatsoever, but what I wrote just a moment ago is not the paranoid rambling of a contentious, mudslinging wacko. It’s a fact. Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send has so frequently lied about how the cure for evil is more evil that some weaker-minded people are starting to believe it. We need to explain to such people that what Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send is doing is not an innocent, recreational sort of thing. It is a criminal activity, it is an immoral activity, it is a socially destructive activity, and it is a profoundly aberrant activity.

By that, I mean not only in the strictest sense but also the whole spectrum of related meanings. Every time Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send utters or writes a statement that supports immoralism—even indirectly—it sends a message that the most valuable skill one can have is the ability to lie convincingly. I definitely insist that we mustn’t let it make such statements, partly because those who squeeze every last drop of blood from our overworked, overtaxed bodies do us all a great injustice, but primarily because all the deals it makes are strictly one-way. Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send gets all the rights, and the other party gets all the obligations. It’s easy to see that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send hopes that by clever arrangements it may succeed in saving its threatened power, but let me tell you the rest of the story: Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send keeps trying to deceive us into thinking that blackguardism forms the core of any utopian society. The purpose of this deception may be to conjure up dirt against its fellow human beings. Or maybe the purpose is to clear forests, strip the topsoil, and turn a natural paradise into a dust bowl through a self-induced drought. Oh what a tangled web Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send weaves when first it practices to deceive.

Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send managed to convince a bunch of unctuous devotees of conspiracy theories to help it monopolize the press. What was the quid pro quo there? If you need help in answering that question, you may note that it wants us to feel sorry for the socially inept bourgeoisie who perpetuate misguided and questionable notions of other rude, hopeless layabouts’ intentions. I claim we should instead feel sorry for their victims, all of whom know full well that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s lieutenants resist seeing that it is literally the case that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send will simply continue to cause distress to people it doesn’t know, has never seen, and who have done it no harm whatsoever. They resist seeing such things because to see them, to examine them, to think about them and draw conclusions from them is to compile readers’ remarks and suggestions and use them to convince the government to clamp down hard on Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s scare tactics.

If it were up to Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send, we’d all be grazing contentedly in the pasture of neocolonialism right now. We’d be totally unaware of the fact that some people think it’s a bit extreme of me to oppose evil wherever it rears its goofy head—a bit over the top, perhaps. Well, what I ought to remind such people is that there is an unpleasant fact, painful to the tender-minded, that one can deduce from the laws of nature. This fact is also conclusively established by direct observation. It is a fact so obvious that rational people have always known it and no one doubted it until Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send and its patsies started trying to deny it. The fact to which I am referring states that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send is trying to get us to acquiesce to a Faustian bargain. In the short term this bargain may help us expand people’s understanding of Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s libidinous, cocky teachings. Unfortunately, in the long term it will enable Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send to incite an atmosphere of violence and endangerment toward the good men, women, and children of this state.

In the end, we have to ask, “What provoked Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send to heat the cauldron of terror until it boils over into our daily lives?” I’ll tell you what I think the answer is. I can’t prove it, but if I’m correct, events soon will prove me right. I think that an understanding of the damage that may be caused by its superstitious double standards isn’t something I expect everyone to develop the first time they hear about it. That’s why I write over and over again and from so many different angles about how if one believes statements like, “Laws are meant to be broken,” one is, in effect, supporting crapulous hooligans. Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s goal is to impede the free flow of information. How sinful is that? How bitter? How obdurate?

Not to belabor the point, but if we let Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send drag men out of their beds in the dead of night and castrate them, all we’ll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization. Although there’s no denying that behind Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s mask of benevolence stands a complete plan for world government, world power, world conquest, and the promotion of unregenerate masochism, it may be somewhat more controversial to allege that if you think about it you’ll see that its horny convictions are merely a distraction. They’re just something to generate more op-ed pieces, more news conferences for media talking heads, and more punditry from people like me. Meanwhile, Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s goombahs are continuing their quiet work of advancing Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s real goal, which is to manufacture outrage at its rivals by attributing to them all types of pathetic ethics. Does Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send have trouble living with itself, knowing that it is the hands-down, flat-out, bar-none most jealous, infantile dork I have ever seen? No, don’t guess; this isn’t audience participation day. I’ll just tell you. But before I do, you should note that it strikes me as amusing that it complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send does nothing but complain.

I must part company with many of my peers when it comes to understanding why Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send is the type of organization that would shoot you just to see if its gun worked. My peers allege that we must assert ourselves as champions of freedom and make efforts directed towards broad, long-term social change. While this is indeed true, I believe we must add that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send teaches workshops on Dadaism. Students who have been through the program compare it to a Communist re-education camp. As petulant as Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s ventures are, Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send thinks that it is an organization of peace. Of course, thinking so doesn’t make it so.

Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, it has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people it desires to lead. Many people are incredulous when I tell them that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send intends to convince the worst sorts of stupid cadgers I’ve ever seen that there is absolutely nothing they can do to better their lot in life besides joining it. “How could Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send be so nit-picky?”, they ask me. “It doesn’t seem possible.” Well, it is obviously possible, and now I’ll explain exactly how Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send plans to do it. But first, you need to realize that some people I know say that the scantiness of its abstract knowledge directs its sentiments more to the world of caciquism. Others argue that “sophomoric” hardly seems like a strong enough word to describe Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send. At this point the distinction is largely academic given that you may make the comment, “What does this have to do with beastly poltroons?” Well, once you begin to see the light you’ll realize that it will justify, palliate, or excuse the evils of its heart before the year is over. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. I can hope only that before it does, people will pronounce an enlightened and just judgment upon Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send. Only then can we put the kibosh on Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s insinuations.

For those of you out there who don’t know what I’m talking about, let me give you a quick explanation: I once had a nightmare in which Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send was free to woo over clueless leeches by using tactics such as scapegoating, reductionist and simplistic solutions, demagoguery, and a conspiracy theory of history. When I awoke, I realized that this nightmare was frighteningly close to reality. For instance, it is the case both in my nightmare and in reality that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send occasionally writes letters accusing me and my friends of being the most lascivious defalcators I’ve ever seen. These letters are typically couched in gutter language (which is doubtless the language in which Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send habitually thinks) and serve no purpose other than to convince me that anyone who hasn’t been living in a cave with his eyes shut and his ears plugged knows that it knows that performing an occasional act of charity will make some people forgive—or at least overlook—all of its macabre excesses. My take on the matter is that the facts as I see them simply do not support the false but widely accepted notion that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash. The basal lie that underlies all of Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s discourteous prank phone calls is that our country’s security, prestige, and financial interests are best served by war and the ever-present threat of war. Translation: It is patriotic to call evil good and good evil. I doubt you need any help from me to identify the supreme idiocy of those views, but you should nevertheless be aware that Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send likes to construct the spectre of a terrible armed threat. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send and its backers will run for cover like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That’s why we must fight Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send hammer and tong. Many the things I’ve talked about in this letter are obvious. We all know they’re true. But still it’s necessary for us to say them because Literal Delay (No Repeat) On A Send’s vapid wheelings and dealings are oozing with heathenism.

If I’m asked something, I use to answer. That’s pretty normal manners and behavior. If you had read the thread, you’d have seen my point most oviously wasn’t clear and now is. Everyone seemed to be fine.

The latest redundant posting is yours. But hey, keep the thread alive. Very intelligent moderating.

reading this thread is delaying my output yo.

This is a very intelligent post. ^^^^^

However I didn’t see any questions asked in vV-s post…

^_^ :blink: :w00t: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7hJowNX5w

@OrbWeaver: we should do all our feature requests through a single picture just like that :)