Load Bank is grayed for AudioUnits?

I’m trying to load banks through some AU instruments in Renoise (.fxp files) on a Mac, but the alternative is grayed out. I’m able to do this with VST’s though.

Also, often there’s no load bank alternative within the instrument window either.

What’s the problem here?

What’s the problem here?

The .fxp preset and .fxb bank file types are native to the VST plugin format, so they are not compatible with AU plugins by default. Some AU plugins may still implement custom methods to load/save those file types as a convenience, but it’s somewhat rare.

AU plugins use their own .aupreset file type to load/save presets. Off the top of my head, I don’t believe there’s an equivalent .aubank file type, but I could be mistaken.

Which plugins are you using? Perhaps they provide their own custom method of loading/saving presets through their own interface, rather than through Renoise’s interface?

The .fxp preset and .fxb bank file types are native to the VST plugin format, so they are not compatible with AU plugins by default. Some AU plugins may still implement custom methods to load/save those file types as a convenience, but it’s somewhat rare.

AU plugins use their own .aupreset file type to load/save presets. Off the top of my head, I don’t believe there’s an equivalent .aubank file type, but I could be mistaken.

Which plugins are you using? Perhaps they provide their own custom method of loading/saving presets through their own interface, rather than through Renoise’s interface?

OK.

We can take Dexed for example.

I try to import a preset (.syx files) with the VST version but after I’ve navigated to the folder with the files in question all the .syx files are grayed out. The open preset/bank is not grayed out here though, which makes sense to what you just were stating.

Even if I manage this to work it’s a bit tiresome to import one at a time?

Also, another problem I have is the focus-feature. It says “No focus options for bridged plug-ins”, even though it isn’t a bridged. This is Renoise 64 bit with 64-bit plug-ins.

Edit: Ok it seems like I’m able to import .sys files when using the browsing function within Dexed, although it has to be at a certain dir. So, any thoughts about why it doesn’t work within Renoise? This is problematic with other synths which doesn’t have this function.

We can take Dexed for example.
I try to import a preset (.syx files) (…)

Renoise doesn’t handle SysEx files directly. From our point of view, many plugins don’t even support or understand SysEx dumps in the first place, so I’m not sure if it makes much sense for us to try and natively handle the loading/saving of that data. Better leave it up to the plugins themselves.

So you should load the .sys/.syx files through Dexed’s own built-in load function, found in the lower left corner of its interface.

Each one of those .syx files is a bank containing 32 individual presets, at least with the factory sounds I got included with Dexed. I believe .sys files are a single preset? I’m not regularly working with SysEx dumps myself, so I’m a bit unsure.

Also, another problem I have is the focus-feature. It says “No focus options for bridged plug-ins”, even though it isn’t a bridged. This is Renoise 64 bit with 64-bit plug-ins.

It could be that you still have sandboxing enabled in Renoise’s Plus/Misc preferences. In that case, the plugin is still considered to be “bridged”. Can you take a look?

Renoise doesn’t handle SysEx files directly. From our point of view, many plugins don’t even support or understand SysEx dumps in the first place, so I’m not sure if it makes much sense for us to try and natively handle the loading/saving of that data. Better leave it up to the plugins themselves.

So you should load the .sys/.syx files through Dexed’s own built-in load function, found in the lower left corner of its interface.

Each one of those .syx files is a bank containing 32 individual presets, at least with the factory sounds I got included with Dexed. I believe .sys files are a single preset? I’m not regularly working with SysEx dumps myself, so I’m a bit unsure.

All right, good to know.

Yes that was what I thought as well, that .syx was a preset but it seems to be some kind of bank then. That’s somewhat good news, since you load one of those files on at a time.

It could be that you still have sandboxing enabled in Renoise’s Plus/Misc preferences. In that case, the plugin is still considered to be “bridged”. Can you take a look?

Ah, that was it. Thanks!