Loomer architect

Hi, good new year!

I would like to know, what about audio routing capabilities (e.g. parallel container?) and meta devices?

No answer also is an answer: So there is no modern audio routing capabilities, just a standard mixer concept and series of plugins, audio wise…

Yep, just plugins and a mixer, focus is on midi

No answer also is an answer: So there is no modern audio routing capabilities, just a standard mixer concept and series of plugins, audio wise…

noppes , for that you need to look at plogue bidule , but bidules midi modules are stuck in the nineties .

Architect is the SHIT ,

And I haven’t even tried it as a plugin in audio mulch ( which has fantastic audio routing capabilities )

I just purchased architect but be warned of the following renoise limitation .

When architect is loaded as a plugin , it gives you direct acces to the midi hardware ouput , but it then becomes unavailbale in renoise itself .

Luckily we can choose midi out–>to host , then make a midi out channel instrument in renoise and sequence that from architect

Downside to this is the renoise limitation that we can’t control multiple midi out parts from ONE plugin , so for every midi channel a new plugin has to be loaded
Fucking Renoise

Have try it
The Sequenzer, Track Properties are amazing, different Steps, Swing, Speed and so on
But the Note Properties are fix (Pencil - Note on of)
Sadly not my Cup of Tee

Have try it
The Sequenzer, Track Properties are amazing, different Steps, Swing, Speed and so on
But the Note Properties are fix (Pencil - Note on of)
Sadly not my Cup of Tee

I agree , I loathe pianorolls and stuff too >

But you can route the virtual on screen keyboard to a sequencer record pitch in …( under components ) , and mouse click away

or use a hardware keyboard
I asked collin if he could implement the pc keyboard for real time action

agree , I loathe pianorolls and stuff too >

does not have to contradict, Fruity Loops work with both

For me it would be helpful if there were a few buttons for different note lengths (on - half - sixty-four, triplets ) actionsas in “Classical” Note Programms

for polyrhythms/meters in renoise you can use the phrase editor no problem, not sure about all the scrolling up and down in pianorolls.

sure, there is no Limits with Steps-length(s) and Speed

but that is not easy to use and clear if you affected from a Instrument and Notes

for polyrhythms/meters in renoise you can use the phrase editor no problem, not sure about all the scrolling up and down in pianorolls.

Sure , who said we couldn’t .

Why are we comparing renoise to architect anyway ??

Downside to this is the renoise limitation that we can’t control multiple midi out parts from ONE plugin , so for every midi channel a new plugin has to be loaded

Isn’t this what vst aliases are for?

Isn’t this what vst aliases are for?

That is not what I mean

Vst aliases are for multitimbral vst instruments

What I mean is a vst that can control multiple midi outs ( which is what architect is ) —> renoise internal midi routing —>to a vst instrument

This is limited to one part only , per instance

Just load a midi vst that has multiple midi outs and try to control more then 1 vst instrument with this midi plugin , you can’t .
And that is a renoise limitation

Anyone using this in Renoise? Curious about the workflow. I tried it yesterday and it seems to be very stable and the GUI is also very smooth. Another advantage is that it also works with older Linux versions. I still have to figure out how it works, but it seems very interesting and powerful to me.

1 Like

The way I use it in renoise is by triggering individual sequencers with a note on gate , I use this primarly for acid like kinda stuff .
It does have a bit of a learning curve ,because the sequencers are so advanced it takes some time to know exactly what to modulate and which imputs to expose .

But since architect can only control 1 midi out ( renoise limitation ) we’re forced to insert multiple architect instances when controlling more then 1 vst

Another method is creating a complete live environment in architect and record everything ( including midi controller date )into the built in midi recorder ( separate files ) and then import midi in renoise
Or just use it standalone , with some carefull and well thought out macros and gui widgets , you can create a very inspiring live sequencing evironment .
I am totally in love with it

P.s. Architect is also able to host vst’s , perfect when using it in standalone mode , send routings + mixer

Thanks. I think I was able to route midi from Architect to Renoise. Just to make sure I understood correctly.
Architect is loaded as Instrument 1B in Renoise. It has two sequencers loaded.

One is routed to midi through port 2 and the other one to port 3. The last two instruments are Podolski and Diva. Under the Renoise midi menu of Podolski it is chosen midi through port 2 as input and output device and for Diva it is port 3. However, only one synth is playing. Is this the Renoise limit you were talking about?

Looks like you are using a loopback device , I don’t use that
I mean the routing found under the plugin tab , and in arrchitect you should choose ''host ’ as your mdi out destination .

Anyway due to limations in renoise , its not the best to host architect >
Midi out data (from architect ) can not be recorded in renoise etc …

In studio one I can assign 16 sequencers within one architect instance to 16 diiferent instruments , and record the outut of architect etc…etcc…

I see, ok. That works. I’m really curious what can be done with the software. There no youtube video and I read the manual is just being written by Collin. I play with it and see how it works.

Ah just another question: With this method you need do sequence your Architect synth completely in Architect, right? So you don’t enter any notes in Renoise.

Too much to mention really , I am not to deep in the low level stuff .
But I made some macro’s to mute and reroute sequencers , created controller templates for my integra and nord modular .
And then you can choose to do ableton style clip launching or real live triggering of sequencers etc , record as an audio file or record into the midi recorder .
You should really learn the fundamental , tuples ,arrays etc ( I had a hard time too and forget it most of the time after a period of NON -usage :slight_smile: ,how to unpack and pack messages ., create midi controller data

For example an array [1,4,7]send to a "set channel 'module will override the sequencers internal midi channel and rout it to the three channels set in the aray .
I just use architect as a powerhouse of a stepsequencers , the stepsequencers are amazing , dividide, multiple per step etcc…and all this can be changed on the fly with sending sending arrays to the corresponding inputs ( if you wish to do soo )
Colin ( the developer ) is working hard for an included library of macro’swhen architect hits 1.0 , don’t forget it is still in beta ,but for me it’s already verry verry usefull .

1 Like

It seems that there’s a big fan base at KVR, so it must be good for something (although we have Ableton, Bitwig, Renoise, etc. )