Loomer architect

The long wait is over , best thing besides renoise
It’s really worth the wait

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=517474

Maybe I don’t get it…

But isn’t this really expensive (EUR 140) for something that is better done for free with protoplug? The “modular interface” doesn’t bring that much of value, to me.

Are there videos showing what this does?

a Core Midi sequencer with Grid :slight_smile:
Is there or to built a Pattern Mode (similar to Seq24) possible?

It’s very similar to Pure Data. I tested it, but for me it’s too much programming.

Maybe I don’t get it…

But isn’t this really expensive (EUR 140) for something that is better done for free with protoplug? The “modular interface” doesn’t bring that much of value, to me.

Its deep as hell and the included sequencers are good enough to get you started , you really need to give it a spin

I don’t hear people complain that Reaktor is to deep , they just use the instruments and have fun …but you can go as deep as you wish
The same will be true for 'architect ’ lot’s of modules will be uploaded …it’s currently the deepest and most advanced software stepsequencer.,

And , hmm I think a modular interface does bring value when you want to connect modules , no ?

And there is more then just tthe structure , see screenshot

the gui is lightning fast (vecotr graphics ) running on an old vista intel core 2 duo ( that’s right ) ,

a Core Midi sequencer with Grid :slight_smile:
Is there or to built a Pattern Mode (similar to Seq24) possible?

Oh yes , straight out of the box

-monosequencer

-polysequencer

-grid sequencer

and an abletonlike style grid session view

Every sequencer and it patterns can have a different length , timing , triplets , tuplets etc,divisor per note etc…

…It’s really a fantastic piece of kit

What is it specifically that you do in this type of software that you can’t do in Renoise?

Too much to mention , but for starterse : a clip based arranger and advanced step sequencing

Thank you gentleclockdivider

Do you already use it?

• Does it work multitimbrally, have a General Midi mode? (As far as i remember you use a Roland Integra)
  • Midi File in and Exports possible? (Typ 0 and 1)

have many Midi Files and would like play with Loomer and a Roland Pma-5 (SC-88 Tone Generator)

Yep , I use it …havnen’t bought it yet but will do for sure .

Multimbral , ofcourse you could either use the poly sequencer , or multiple mono-sequencers …each having their own time signature …perfect for poly rytm/meter

All the parameters can be automated , either by macro controls or by wiring together some low level modules .

Example , you have a couple ofmonosequencers and you wish to transpose alter their timing after a few bars , you can create endless sequences that always shift and change

I am having a blast, currently controlling the nord modular and the integra .
And good thing is , colin will inclue a tracker style macro for vertical sequencing .

In a nutshell , architect is a bit like bitwig with a modular framework for midi

And you can really get nuts with just basic modules and sequencers ,you don’t even need to touch the low level modules

Each sequencer has by default 3 included aux lanes , you can use these to control ANY parameter of any other sequencer (start/stop, speed ,divide, direction , transpose scale etc…)

I am not that fast impressed by software releases , but this one is just crazy good

Oh yeah , and it also has a cv out module for all your analogue modular needs

I’m gonna try it!

I’m very interested if you can use it as a midi generator/filter in a VSTi mode. So you can send notes from your DAW, alter them in in architect, and send out to the DAW.

Also… if you can make your own modules/datatypes/processing in lua, it could be very interesting for dealing with chords + arrangement phrases (casio-ish) rather than just simple step sequencers.

Let’s see…

architect is a bit like bitwig with a modular framework for midi

Basically, Bitwig is enough for me, unfortunately it crashes too often (Mac + Pc)

The Midi Path s not comfortable (Preview only on channel 1 with internal Synth / Channel10 Drums not possible)

It would be better if had the Midi Basic settings (Channels 1-16) similar to Cubase

Midi Track(s) are equal to an Audio Track (let it play)at beginning (and follow later the Modulators)

I’m looking forward to Architect.

Pattern, Grid = to buy

Thnx again for all the Infos!!

I’m gonna try it!

I’m very interested if you can use it as a midi generator/filter in a VSTi mode. So you can send notes from your DAW, alter them in in architect, and send out to the DAW.

Also… if you can make your own modules/datatypes/processing in lua, it could be very interesting for dealing with chords + arrangement phrases (casio-ish) rather than just simple step sequencers.

Let’s see…

This is also myarea of interest, soI’m really looking forward to hear more aboutwhat you’ll see…

This looks really interesting, thanks for the heads up!

This is also myarea of interest, soI’m really looking forward to hear more aboutwhat you’ll see…

It seems quite difficult evaluating this. You have to pay the price for being able to work with it more than one session. And the interface has quite a steep learning curve…

So no matter how you do, it seems like you’d more or less have to buy it in good faith.

Hi, good new year!

I would like to know, what about audio routing capabilities (e.g. parallel container?) and meta devices?

It seems quite difficult evaluating this. You have to pay the price for being able to work with it more than one session. And the interface has quite a steep learning curve…

So no matter how you do, it seems like you’d more or less have to buy it in good faith.

Or you could just download the demo beta version and mess around

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=517474

That’s what i was referring to. You can’t evaluate the software properly with that beta due to the reason mentioned.

Depends what your looking for
I,ve been demoing it for 2 days non stop , slowly exploring the low level modules …trial/error
As it is right now , the program has enough features to make complete compositions with the build in high level sequencers , but if you want to delve deep into lua , One session is indeed not enough

My Verdict : it’s a future classic

Have to agree so far, it’s quite impressive…

About the demo restrictions, you can import/export macro objects which are containers for nodes and scripts, so it is possible to work on stuff between sessions if you are not bothered about having to reload and assign vst’s every session. I think it’s good enough to build chord generators etc. but I am just scratching the surface…