Loop Points Modulation

I’m really fond of the built-in sampler because of its ease to use. One feature that would make it much more powerful would be the ability to automate the position of the start and end loop points (both sample and envelopes).

A start would be to just be able to set the loop points using some command in the effect column (which would work a bit like the 9xx command then, by just dividing the sample into 256 segments). I don’t think this is would be a very hard feature to implement, but it sure would make the sampler more attractive for people that like to experiment.

Note: I noticed a post about some lua-plugin for doing something like this. But it would be nice to have it out of the box.

Yea it’s possible to automate them by midi mapping with tha plugin but there’s no other way at the moment. But I agree with you there definitely should be ;) let’s just keep waiting for the instrument/sample editor revision.

The script loop point automation is great fun, but 256 steps isn’t enough resolution imo. Need moar!

I want a track device that allows you to set the start point of the sample you’re playing, a la the 09xx track effect.

The reason I want this device is so that I can point an LFO at it.

please … could someone post a link to this script ???

i’ve been searching the forum and i can’t find anything…i see that it-alien is the one that made it but in all of his post i didn’t find any link to download the tool…

:blink:

thanks !!!

^_^

whoooooooooaaaaaaa !!!

…thanks !!!

gonna try it now !

:w00t:

+1 for the idea in first post!

you can get resolution to the amount of frames in the selected sample using the OSC version moonrider posted.
like hundreds, thousands, maybe even bajillians res.

link?

the content of the first link makes available the addresses /sample/loop_start & /sample/loop_end
and grabs the frame number from the selected sample.
then after executing the the script in the 2nd link, an XY gui to control them.

Insert into globalOscActions.lua:

and what you copy over to the editor and execute in the editor to run it:

edit the script or use port 8000 UDP

This kind of modulation of loop start & length, natively, out-of-the-box in Renoise, would make my yearnings for NI:Battery1 to work on Intel OSX a vague forgotten nightmare…

1 Like