Looping One Wavelength Smoothly?

I suspect this has been discussed in length somewhere on this forum or elsewhere, but I am unable to find it.

I would like to experiment more with using Renoise as a synth, but when I try to loop one wavelength of a sample, I get clicking. I’ve been fiddling with the finetuning, but I’m clearly missing something.

If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I would be very happy.

it always depends on what kind of audio you are trying to loop.
if it is a synth with a lot of variation it’s kinda impossible to get a nice sounding loop done.
it becomes even more of a pain when it’s a stereo sample… most of the time, you can can score best results with a ping pong loop there.

for modulation-free synth samples, like a raw sine, saw, triangle, etc. the forward loop should really do the job very well, as it is usually very simple to determine a visually looping pattern in the waveform of the sample.
just set the loop points appropriate to that and you should be set.
for example:
if you’re looping a sine, take a valley of the signal for loop start and another valley for the loop end. also pay attention that both loop-points are at the same amplitude - then it should loop like charm without any pops and clicking.

Thanks, thanks, specially for the tip about pingponging. Not sure how long it would have taken me to think about that.
I was trying to loop a simple waveform, but wasn’t satisfied with the results, so I assumed it involved some fading trick or something.

onwards and upwards!