Luv for EQ: Oversampling, LP/HP, etc.

For next major release, I have the following suggestions for improvements of the Renoise EQs:

1. Oversampling 2x,4x.

Lately I started to use the digital filter for mixing, and I have to admit, it sounds somehow better in the mix at 2x (or higher).

1. A filter type switch for lowest and highest band. Including 6/12/24/48dB LP/HP/Shelve. Orpossibility to set a much more steeper curve, so the EQautomatically switchesbetween filter types(?)

So you can just use the EQ itself without any additional filter device. And the EQ will be competitive to other DAW’s EQs (personally I fell in love with the Ableton EQ8).

? !!! C’MON VOTE THIS NOW FIVE (5) STARS !!! ?

Lot of other suggestions were already made (analyzer etc). Please add your own below.

A hardware accelerated gui (at least for the analyser) would be cool and neat to have before we start sticking analysers everywhere, the renoise one eats quite a bit.

a coiored eq would be nice also with tube distortion emulation

yeah i think implementing one of the digital filters as a low and high pass would be really useful

A hardware accelerated gui (at least for the analyser) would be cool and neat to have before we start sticking analysers everywhere, the renoise one eats quite a bit.

Mhn, are you sure that it’s not hw accelerated? I’ve no issues here, at least on a windows system.

Yeah this would be great. I’d generally just like to see a single fully integrated filter/eq device.

Right now if I wanted to A/B an analog filter and digital filter I’d have to stick them in a doofer or do it manually. Not the end the world, but it screws with automation too. If we had all the filters and eqs in one device it would be so much easier to work with.

Personally I don’t care about analyzers. The main one is good enough. If it’s added, it should definitely be optional so it doesn’t hog cpu.

+1 for oversampling of the renoise eq

Alternatively, they could overlay the selected DSP over the existing analyzer – lots of ways to do it I imagine.

Honestly they’d have to overhaul just about every part of the EQ to get me to start using it instead of just simply using FabFilter Pro-Q2 inside Renoise. But I understand people’s desire for improved native devices, it would be cool…but just very unlikely to unseat Pro-Q2 in my case.

Now if they could make the Multi-Tap delay easier to understand / use, that would be very convenient :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes, some “copy Parameters” per tab for multitap, or even a plugin slot(s) for the feedback buffer