Mac: VST exception errors when loading Softube Modular

When I load the latest version of Softube Modular VST in Renoise 3.2, I nearly always get this error dialog after the initial loading pause completes and the VST’s window appears:

35%20AM

ezgif-2-c80058525625

Renoise.log:

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate '/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Softube/Modular.vst/Contents/MacOS/Modular_VST_AU_Protect'...
VstPlugs: Plugin is a Mach-O executable...
VstPlugs: Loading bundle: '/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Softube/Modular.vst'

VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin 'Softube: Modular', Unique ID:1752381818, Version:2400
VstPlugs: Instantiate OK
VstPlugs: CreateInstance succeeded
VstPlugs: Caught exception in VSTPlug::Dispatch
VstPlugs: Opening custom cocoa editor window for plug 'Softube: Modular'...`

In my testing, this typically appears just after loading the plug-in, but occasionally, it doesn’t. In those cases, the plug-in was usable, but the error appeared when I saved the Renoise project or right-clicked the stop button to halt all DSP and devices.

Running plug-ins in a sandbox had no effect, nor did toggling the options that are accessible via the [?] button. The VST loads and runs without issue in Bitwig.

I’m running 64-bit Renoise 3.2.0 on an early 2013 15-inch 2013 MacBook Pro with a 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, and Nvidia GeForce GT 650M/Intel HD 4000 GPU. Operating system is macOS 10.14.6. Using built-in audio device.

I reported the issue to Softube. Unfortunately, Renoise is not one of their officially supported DAWs, so tech support isn’t available, but at least they’re aware of the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I upgraded to a new machine, and the issue no longer occurs.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.