MacOS: Softube VST3 editor windows don't re-appear after closing

Running MacOS 12.3 and Renoise 3.4 on an Intel MBP.

I can open the editor window for a Softube VST3 effect once, but after I close the window, I can no longer re-open the editor window for that instance of the plug-in. Clicking the editor window button does nothing. If I remove and re-add the plug-in, the editor window again appears only the first time it’s opened.

Last week, Softube released a sweeping update to their plug-ins to add Metal and M1 support, so the problem might be related to their changes. The VST2 versions of the plug-ins behave correctly.

Here’s Renoise.log when I insert an instance of Softube Tape. After I opened the editor window and closed it, I clicked the “Ext. Editor” button a few more times, and the window did not appear.

Vst3Plugs: Instantiating: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Tape.vst3…

Vst3Plugs: Failed to apply initial controller state to controller (not critical)
Vst3Plugs: Disabled auto-suspending for plugin ‘Softube: Tape’ (it reports an infinite tail)

Vst3Plugs: Opening custom editor window for plug ‘Softube: Tape’…

Vst3Plugs: Editor window for plug ‘Softube: Tape’ was closed

As with all other plugin related crashes:

Please report this to the Softtube crew as well. There’s not much we can do apart forwarding this report to them as well. Even when this is a problem caused by Renoise, it’s the plugin which crashes and we can’t see why.

I’ve tested the latest versions of Softube’s VST3 plug-ins (2.5.58), and this issue appears to have been resolved. Editor windows for both effects and instruments are now behaving properly.