Maintenance update, bug fixes, 3.2?

Yes: Why?

Or why no answer?

I think - from my experiences since the 3.0 release or so - the core dev(s) just have strategy to put a big shield around themselves while working on critical steps, as to not get dragged down by forum ramble & the usual lame cat jokes, or be distracted by the urge to justify descisions made. I can understand this, it is a very small project and has some “special” userbase. Imagine yourself being deep in some code work, and then having to deal with all kinds of ramblings by users afterwards…no good thing. Big projects would have a tightly organised timeline, and someone dedicated and instructed precisely how to communicate with the public. But renoise is a smaller thing. Also there seems to be some “its done when its done” philosophy, and one not to raise too many expectations before they can be fulfilled.

I take it as a good sign that communication is pretty sparse currently - only the necessary forum support right now and a lua tools sector which seems to have a user feedback strategy in development. In the past main public communication about the core happened in beta phase and for some time after release.

so keep calm & post lame cat pics. last year santa brought some betas, who knows who will bring the next.

Bugfix would be great. Of all the versions of Renoise from 1.0 to now this has crashed more times than any other by a mile… :frowning:

… & the usual lame cat jokes…

…so keep calm & post lame cat pics…

Aww cmon, don’t cat pic shame :frowning:

Bugfix would be great. Of all the versions of Renoise from 1.0 to now this has crashed more times than any other by a mile… :frowning:

That’s probably also why they need more time to fix it. You may think a simple bug is an easy fix done in minutes, but i’m pretty shure if it was simple and easy to fix then it would have been done already. Maybe they have to restructure something from the bottom to make it work properly? Maybe they haven’t figured out a good enough solution? I don’t know, but i’m pretty shure it won’t get ready any sooner by speculating and nagging. :slight_smile:

this has crashed more times than any other by a mile… :frowning:

Crashed, as in…bringing down the application? That really shouldn’thappen.

Apart from the occasional buggy (and non-sandboxed) plugin, or when really pushing the API to it’s limits, I’m not aware of anything that can cause Renoise 3.1 to crash.

So I’m wondering if there is anything you can do to reproduce these errors? You know, the usual procedure for reporting bugs…

I know there is a maintenance release on the horizon (although I’m not able to say when), and it would be a shame to miss out on something so important. Avoiding crashes is top priority!

I managed to crash Renoise 3.1, by clicking stuff thousands of times per second with auto clicker. :smiley:

Yeah I can crash Renoise too, but it always picks back up where I left off when I restart it so it doesn’t bother me too much. It crashes probably < 1% of the time I use it.

The crashes I have appear to be quite random and by crash I mean, “Renoise has stopped working” back to desktop with no crash file saved. The most common crash I’m having is when going through presets in Serum. Literally clicking to advance from one preset to another can cause a crash. I am aware this may be a problem with the plugin itself and am not nagging or demanding the developers hurry up, just that for me, a more stable version would be nice…

BECAUSE A NEW RELEASE IS ON THE WAY !!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES

I like this optimism :w00t:

BECAUSE A NEW RELEASE IS ON THE WAY !!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES

source?

Renoise is so stable and crashes so rarely that I often forget to save until I’m going to sleep and close everything.

3 times in my renoise’s life, I’ve been caught by electrical power shutdown du to storm outside or bad weather.

Both hands in the face " shit, did not save yet ! Lost everything I did tonight!!!"

I mean, when working in after Effects, I save like each 10-30 seconds.

source?

Edward Snowden…

Maintenance update, bug fixes, 3.2?

It is not 3.1.1?

3.2 would be a version with added important, I guess.

• 3.0.0 (12/21/2013)
  • 3.0.1 (10/13/2014)
  • 3.1.0 (01/15/2016)
  • 3.1.1 (??/??/???) <<<<<redux can delay the development of Renoise,supposedly.
  • 3.2.0 (??/??/2018)
  • 3.3.0 (??/??/2020)
  • 4.0.0 (??/??/2038) ???

:slight_smile: All is guesswork!!!

Backstage!

Aaaaaany news here?

Panda is ugly. I am starting to feel that the Renoise devs slow down the whole world’s economy…

Wow, they sure look sweet.

But the color combination is a bit unfortunate - they happen to look like super cute FOOTBALLS :wacko: