make a plugin to put a gainer on each channel at the volume we've

Hello,

there’s something I do myself everytime to make the whole volume lower : I put a gainer on each channel with volume-5/-30 to be sure to don’t be in the red zone…
Is it posible to make a plugin which makes this effect?
I guess it’s not so hard, but I don’t have time to learn how to make a tool…

Thanx by advance

Have a good day

the track headroom in the song settings>playback options will do what you want but till -12db, by default it’s set to -6

Yeah and dont watch mixer meters, they are useless
(jo, jak říká Gova a nesleduj mixer, ty ukazatele jsou k ničemu).

make the whole volume lower

Don’t be afraid to simply use the Master volume level. That’s exactly what it’s designed for :wink:

the track headroom in the song settings>playback options will do what you want but till -12db, by default it’s set to -6

You know, this whole time I’ve been using Renoise, I’ve had the track headroom set to 0 because I didn’t understand it properly. I thought it reduced volume as the final stage in the channel. But after reading this, I realized I had never tested it… and so I did, and saw that it’s actually trimmed at the beginning of the track! And a closer read at the manual confirms it:

Track Headroom: The amount that each track’s input is lowered by, which helps avoid clipping in the final mix.

My life is going to be a lot simpler now. Track headroom ftw!!!

Thanx you all for your answers!!! so glad to see you all answered so fastly!!
So I use the gainer at the end of my effect chain to reduce the volume going into the master and then I use the channel volume to make a proper mixing…

I just wanted to earn “number of channel by tracks x tracks in a year of clic” :stuck_out_tongue: and also earning the time of this stupid logistic things…

another thing can be : each time you had a new track you have the same vst chain also opening like filter + equalizeur : you will need it for sure ^^

you know it was the 6 am ideas after a producing night tired of clicking… I so look forward to renoise brain control haha

I guess it’s not so hard, but I don’t have time to learn how to make a tool…

You’d be surprised.

It’s well worth making the time and effort.

Look at existing tools and steal code.

Knowing how to roll your own tools and helper scripts opens up a whole new world.