Making samples sound normal

Please help - I am very new to renoise and music production and I am trying to add a song into renoise to either play large sections of it (or chop it into bits) but it always sounds weird (too fast/ too slow) how do you make it the right speed/ play normally? I have used ablton in the past briefly and you can just warp it. Are there any videos on this as I couldn’t find one

Have you tried pressing different keys on the keyboard? Be sure to check out the beginners video on youtube on the official renoise page.

1 Like

Yes I have - I am trying to load a whole song (not a break or a small sample) into the sampler. Can it do this or only smaller samples

@ReproBates If you want to adjust the sample playback time to the length of the pattern, please do the following

1. Beatsync: Enable
  2. Mode: Percussion/Texture
  3. Loop: Forward
  4. Mute Group: Group1
  5. Playback: Autoseek

The Beatsync value should be the closest to the original sample as it is, but if you want to adjust it, I suggest you choose from the following values.

• Beatsync value: 1/2/4/8/16/32/64/128/256/512

If you want to key bind these and work with them easily, install Paketti and use the following

1 Like

Thank you! I will try this :black_heart: