Mapping Pitchbend to MIDI CC in Renoise 3.4.2

Hi Everyone,

I know this is a somewhat perennial question with Renoise, and also understand that specificity helps, so I’ll do my best. I have Renoise 3.4.2 and am using an ancient M-Audio Oxygen 8 (v1) as a MIDI controller running on Arch Linux using Jack Audio. I would like to be able to use the pitchwheel on the MIDI controller to record directly into the Automation Editor. To do so I believe I would have to MIDI map the pitch wheel to the *Instrument Midi Control’s pitch bend, however Midi map does not recognize the pitchwheel, I believe it only recognizes MIDI CC messages.

I’ve seen that the Duplex tool can map pitchbend to CC but I haven’t gotten it working – before I put too much time trying I thought it would be worth asking if Duplex works in 3.4? Is there another, maybe simpler, tool that may convert between midi pitch bend and CC?

Another option may be an independent tool that I could route the midi through using Jack that could convert the signals – anyone know of any?

I do have Qtractor and it works very nicely with Renoise and Jack Transport, and believe will allow me to record smooth pitch bends – but I’d rather have Renoise handle my sequencing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Heh, I’m finding myself searching for the answer on constant intervals as well. The only pet peeve I have with Renoise. Can’t record solos with smooth pitch bends by MIDI keyboard. Drawing curves by hand is certainly not optimal.

You have to up your resolution. Turning the TPB up will greatly improve how smoothly parameters are recorded.