"Master/Slave" -> "Primary/Secondary" or "Sender/Receiver"

I’m getting at: the “fallacy” you cited is not a fallacy, and you have committed so many actual logical fallacies in your statement that I couldn’t decide which to cite and instead gave you a link so that you may become informed on what a logical fallacy even is.

And yes, thank you for confirming that your intent was to shut down discussion without contributing to the same said discussion.

1 Like

Of which context is it out?

Also, please tell me what informatics has to do with this discussion? I researched this, and cannot find any references to semantic naming nor to slave nor master contexts, but I am open to new information. Thank you genuinely for your input on this.

1 Like

I’m unsure of who Courier is, but I knowingly was addressing more than your words with my post. I thought it would reduce the number of overall posts, but I should have known that you would find any excuse to be summarily dismissive. My only curiosity is why you feel so compelled to be so dismissive of a thing which does no harm nor even effect you?

1 Like

Here you can read about it: List of fallacies - Wikipedia

You’re using at least two of these in your last post alone, and three in the post before that. How come? Could it be that you are the troll in this situation?

I want to be clear that I did research this and every reference I could find was how the term is problematic and should be changed. Many such suggestions are things like Leader-Follower, Controller-Agent, Client-Server, Main/Parent/Servant-Worker/Child/Helper, Controller-Peripheral, Provider-Consumer, etc.

From what I can tell, all references to informatics in the last 2-20 years indicate that change is indeed imminent.

Though, again, I’m open to new information, thank you very much for your input, truly!!

No sir. You need to educate yourself and even attempt to reply intelligently. I will, until such time, assume you cannot pass a Turing test.

This site needs a captcha.

So you’re even going ad hominem now? That’s usually the last resort.

1 Like

So you began with ad hominem and now you’re accusing me of such as a last resort? Please commit another fallacy fallacy. LOL

I’m pretty sure I’ve never used ad hominem in this thread. Feel free to point it out.

“Get woke, go broke” -Joule

That’s a reference to a common slogan, directed towards the phenomenon. Try again.

2 Likes

Is it? Please elucidate and explain your ad hominem attack in your attempt to undermine the argument.

Even if I did do your research for you, it would not go favorably for you.

You have really derailed the discussion. Take a nap and get back later.

Right now most of your posts are directed against my character. That’s about as low you can go in an argument.

I am a big fan of this rhyme. It counters the “woke” comment nicely and would make an amazing vocal chop in a song, of which I’m sure Renoise would lend itself nicely, being the amazing sampler it is.

My only regret is that I cannot “like” this more than once. Instead, we should make beautiful music about it.

Sir, you started with attacking character. I am simply enlightening you to the numerous fallacies in which you continue engage, specifically to wit, with a tu coquoque fallacy. You continue to commit ever more logical fallacies, and at least I can point to even one that exists, unlike the “standard fallacy”

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

I’m done replying to you on this matter. It’s clear that your only intent is to derail the conversation from anything productive. Good day.

Not “standard fallacy”. Standard fallacy - two separate words.

I’m pretty sure tu quoque hasn’t been used, unless you believe that this thread is about our discussion and not about the master/slave terminology.

Bye bye. Better luck next time.

I said “Good Day.”

Yeah, you don’t have to come back to say it twice. Go on now.