MBCR #12.1 remix compo

Welcome !!

1 Like

!!! - one extra rule for the compo - !!!
§ You cannot vote for the remixes that I make.

Anyhow I will soon publish some demo remixes and tutorial videos of some different styles of remixing, like: Howto Remix XRNS-file in Renoise, Howto remix/chop/manipulate wav-file of the tune inside Renoise, Howto feed stream of the tune into #Line Input device and remix on the fly in Renoise, and so on …

? how to spread the word about the compo ¿
! Spread the word !

Hey! dont forget the special rule to earn extra points:->

* If you make musicvideo for your remix; Your points will be doubled
. . .....O_..... . .
  • I will also make tutorials about how to make visual, colorful, 2D/3D, music videos fast and easily in no time with Blender 3D in sync with audio

^ Easter Egg ^

I will make downloadable pack of the files to be remixed, when the compo starts

Hi ! Very nice
My question would be : can I propose an extra song, different than the one from mutant break 12 ? Mine looks to me more appropriate for a remix session…

1 Like

Thank you for invite. I am in! Also you are allowed to remix my piece. Waiting for pack.
my file can be downloaded here
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vfinfz04t3qnz9x/mutants_brews_shit_in_the_swamps.xrns/file

1 Like

Can you maybe use this rule …

* Everybody from the forums can vote or participate as a late contestant; if you still make a tune for #MBC12 people can make remix of your tune.

… with this rule somehow

* If you remix your own tune you wont get any extra points
	= Though this is engouraged to polish or to take your tune into the next level from MBC#12
		~ Anyhow if you share remix of your own tune enough early in this thread U will get extra attention

And then people can make remix of a remix,

How about new rule: You can make a remix from remix ; D < ?

ok so here is a part of my recent experimental trackyes, made in renoise:
https://gofile.io/d/bQanpW it’s called speakers
( i uploaded on gofile, download with something confortable )
just read my post to let me in, or pass your way to featuring music: this part appears here on my graphic experime… stop
Let see what happen, as of course I autorize all renoise members to download and remix.
Thanks,
Uilo

1 Like

Are there some naming conventions for the name of a remix? What are the good practices for that?

I think the most common is:
Original artist name - Original song name (Your name musicalgenre remix)

As a fictive example for a EDM remix of the song Purple Rain:
Prince - Purple Rain (Fabrice EDM remix)

2 Likes

Hi! I give permission for my track to be downloaded and remixed. I am buried under unfinished projects but I may take part :upside_down_face:.

1 Like

I’m in - here’s the BlueFountain xrns from MB12. It was all native/provided samples/resampling so no additional restrictions/licenses needed.

Soundcloud render:

Have fun all!

2 Likes

When does it start?
Is it time to make some noise all around the social networks?

1 Like

One more day I think before it starts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

just to make sure that i do not break the rules - so basically everything is allowed? no sample limitations? no plugin limitation? or? (i think this is not clarified)

Thanks

Of course, my song “Mutant Candy” is also available for remixing. The XRNS is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kbBrTDjfXvrNOp5gtqHQvvQLKZSufFAV

soundbike · Mutant Candy

Good luck!

1 Like

Track accepted

Track accepted

Niiiice to see more people on the move !!!

Tomorrow I make downloadable remix-song-Pack to get your feet wet

Officially compo starts on
monday
with all the graphics and videos and polished rules and all the hype ; D !!!

1 Like

I give my permission to remix my track, I hope someone does because there’s room for improvement! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Approved

1 Like

There is no sample or plugin limitations. Maybe general rule would be to mainly use the song and file you are remixing with your own spices but on the other hand everything is allowed as you say, Get experimental!

3 Likes