microkorg XL for Guru

Hello everybody,

I have been spending some time to make a synth definition for the microkorg XL for Guru. I reverse-engineered a large portion of the SYSEX communication in order to do it. Now, it needs some testing.

Features:

• If you change of program, it will be smart enough to do a dump request and update all the parameters in Renoise. You can that way load factory programs or programs you stored on the device.
  • It is all SYSEX. So there is a lot more than just the CC or NPRN parameters. I counted 720 parameters in total. You cannot however change global parameters.
  • Even though it is using SYSEX, there is full feedback from the device. So if you change something with a knob on the device, you will see it move on Renoise.

It is likely to work for the microkorg XL+. If you manage to make it work, I would like to have the confirmation. But it will not work with the classic microkorg.

https://github.com/valentindavid/microKORG-XL-guru

Enjoy! And please give me some feedback. With 720 parameters, I suppose there are a lot of bugs.

Excellent, looking forward to try this out!
Might not be before in a week or two, but will give you feedback once i get around to it.
Thanks for the effort!

Hey David, finally got around to install this, and connection to synth works OK.
Looking good, and will spend more time with it shortly, but I noticed some buggy behaviour here and there, so before I contiunue testing, have you updated the definition since this first post, or should I contiunue testing with the version I got?
Thanks for the effort man!

where i should drop that lua file???

Does it also work for the normal MicroKorg?

where i should drop that lua file???

drop it together with the other synth definitions that comes with Guru, located in the Renoise user files library > scripts > guru > etc
(not on my work-computer now so don’t remember exact paths, but you’ll see it quickly… and remember to “rescan” inside guru afterwards)

drop it together with the other synth definitions that comes with Guru, located in the Renoise user files library > scripts > guru > etc
(not on my work-computer now so don’t remember exact paths, but you’ll see it quickly… and remember to “rescan” inside guru afterwards)

hmmmmm i reveald in explorer tool browser found guru copied in synth definitions and got this ---->

5240 errr.jpg

now its even dont show other synth definitions what comes after letter M (microkorg and down)

WHAT DID I DO?

:o

5241 fold.jpg

is this right path?

did you hit “rescan” inside the guru tool menu? if so, I really don’t know what causes this :wacko:

did you hit “rescan” inside the guru tool menu? if so, I really don’t know what causes this :wacko:

ye i got that error i posted when i hit rescan.

i also have putted most of renoise files in renoise.res folder (maschine workaround) all of other tools worked before now.

maybe thats could be the reason? —> TOPIC