Midi related hangs

I’ve noticed a midi related issue lately, whenever Renoise is, for example, exiting, and is trying to close midi subsystems, Renoise will hang (pretty much in not responding mode) until I pull the usb plug of my midi keyboard, after which it proceeds to do what it was going to. The exiting is not the only place where this happens though, but I can’t tell what Renoise is trying to do that particular moment, but whenever it hangs, I see some midi related text at the bottom left info area. Anyone bumped into anything like this? I’ve never had anything like this with Reaper and the controller (Akai MPK49) seems to work fine with it. I’ve had this happening with Renoise 3.2.4 and 3.3 at least.

Edit. One situation was when I was away from the computer for a while and renoise was running, it didn’t respond and at the bottom it said “rescanning midi devices”, unplug->replug sorted it out once again

Maybe driver problems. Did you already try to deinstall your MIDI device drivers and reinstall them and/or update them to the latest version? If you’re on Windows you also can try starting Renoise as admin. This can solve several problems.

The midi keyboard doesn’t have its own drivers, it’s using windows generic midi driver, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard from device manager, drive is the latest from July. I’ll try running Renoise in admin mode and let’s see if it has any effect.